Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day: Spending a day Serving

Yesterday was Earth Day. A day we are suppose to celebrate the earth and all its glory.
Well, I watered my flowers that sit in recycled pots but thats about as close to earth as I got.
For some reason, I have an ear infection. My 2nd one in 3 months. I wasn't feeling nature.

So I chose to spend it serving friends. I have 2 friends that have become really close to Todd and I. We actually go way back to 2007. We were duplex neighbors but never really bonded until recently. They run an amazing business and have taught me a lot about public relations and marketing. I was honored that they would let me serve them.

We started out packing all their stuff and then discovered rain could be in our coming forecast. With the move being 20 minutes away, we decided to go ahead and move furniture to the new house. So thats what we did. We moved from 9am-5pm and Todd helped and ended up staying til 10:30pm. (i had to get home to my two little princesses who were angels...until bedtime and daddy wasn't here!)

I enjoyed talking with them, packing up their unique items (they have rocks and drift wood that they display in funky vases from the Great Lakes. They travel alot and pick up some really neat things!)

I approached Marianna with the idea of attending The World's Longest YardSale with me. She loves road trips and seemed up to it. Now I just have to get her to take that week off of work!
This is something I have wanted to do for years after seeing it on HGTV. I have decided that will be a great girls trip and I am going!!! Now I just have to recruit my girls!

Did you spend Earth day serving? Do you have plans for the weekend? Saturday at Morrison Heights Baptist Church in Clinton we will begin construction our VBS decorations, its inside and if you like to paint or build we would love to have you! Also on Sunday the Jackson Zoo is having a party with the planet. Go enjoy some nature!

1 comment:

  1. If you decide to go to The World's Largest Yard Sale, let me know! I live about 30 min from from southern end of it in Gadsden! It really is fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat