Thursday, August 4, 2011

so what have we been up to?

Wow-the past few weeks have been crazy. Lets start with July 15th-thats a good day.

We closed on our house!!! Finally! Most of you know we have been redoing my parents house for 2 years (while sharing the house) we have been busy busy getting things finalized for the end of the road! on July 15th-at 4:45 we officially became homeowners. Such a scary and exciting time. I literally almost through up at one point when they pull out that piece of paper that has the amount you "actually pay" at the end of your term-GAG! Todd just kept reminding me that "your kitchen remodel starts next week"...thats right! My ugly kitchen was going away-the final remodel of the whole house.....

well...the next week I had summer camp 8-5 everyday. We started cleaning out the cabinets and stuff at night then....thursday morning at camp I noticed my right leg was really sore. i mean really sore. it was red and hot...and it hurt. I called the doctor and he said "draw a circle around the spot...if it goes out of that circle come in" within 30 minutes-it was spreading. I left camp at 2:30 and went to the dr. office. where she drew another circle....and then left the room. When she came back (5 minutes) it was outside of that circle. So off she sent me to the emergency room. 3 hours later I am diagnosed with a spider bite on 12 pills a day-and on BED REST!!!! I missed my last day of camp-and my kitchen remodel got pushed backed more...bc I couldn't get off the couch.
on the way to the ER

By tuesday-I had hit another milestone in old age. I became a mini-van mom!!! We got an amazing deal on a Honda Odyssey so we went ahead and got it! I love my van. the doors automatically open and close and grocery shopping is a breeze!!!

 By Wednesday of the next week I was doing alot better and that was good-bc I was flying to seattle the next day-by myself!! For my cousin's wedding! I was her matron of honor and I was so excited to celebrate with her! Todd and the kids stayed behind because of cost issues. (new house, new van, remodel...) They had fun during the week. They went and saw Winnie the Pooh at the movies and hung out alot with Todd's Parents!
me, aunt betty, kristie, and my mom at the rehearsal dinner

which brings us to now! I was off work Monday-recovering from cross country flying-then Tuesday  I worked all day! then yesterday-I went to work...then got the dreaded phone call from daycare. Aubrie Kate has the stomach bug!!! Ugh! So I left work came home-got her situated....a few hours later....Madyson joins the stomach bug party.....a few hours later...I join the stomach bug party!!!

So we are living on ginger ale and crackers at the moment. Hoping that this is the last roadblock in the kitchen remodel!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! And I would LOVE to see a home tour. I feel like I've gotten bits and pieces but I'd love to see the whole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat