Friday, June 18, 2010

WEEK, WICKED, WATER OH MY!

Well, I survived my first VBS week. (I promise to do an amazing post on it next week, but I need a little break) I have done MAJOR events. MAJOR. Some that take up to 16 hours to set up for, BUT VBS is NOT an event. It is a marathon. Waking up at 5:45 a.m. for 5 days was awful. On top of that I had to be in the car, dressed and ready to go (with 2 girls, dress/fed/ready to go) by 6:45 in order to be at work by 7. Then it was non-stop until 12. But I survived.

Tonight, My mom took Madyson and myself to see our high school show choir present their Summer Musical. When I was in high school all of my friends were in show choir (I was not. I am not a singer...at all) But I love musicals. The original plan was that Todd and AK were going too but Todd's mom had surgery today and AK was ill acting so they hung out, went and saw Todd's mom at the hospital and chilled.
The Summer Muscial this year was The Wizard of Oz/The Wiz/and parts of Wicked. It was an amazing show. The amount of talent these kids have is unreal. Acting, Singing, Dancing, and the POWERFUL voices that come out of these young professionals had me in awe. Madyson was so excited. Miss Rivers who is one of Madyson's Dance Teachers was the Wicked Witch.  Here they are after the performance!

I love Madyson having a love for music (and after tonight a love for musicals) I hope it stays with her and is something she enjoys for the rest of her life!

Tomorrow the girls and I are going to have some much needed girly time swimming!!! I can't wait. I haven't had a relaxing saturday in a while!!!

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat