Monday, June 28, 2010

Can everyday be June 23rd? THE BIG NEWS POST!!!

**This post was intended to be posted on Thursday jUNE 24 evening BUT we had some technical difficulties...i.e. Todd's boss being out of work that day so here is the BIG NEWS post you have been waiting on**


Let me start with, No, I am not preggers. I love how when I have something to share everyone thinks this...and yes soon (hopefully in the next year) you all will get that post that Baby #3 is on the way. But for now we are celebrating some other things.

Sometimes you wake up with the expectation that the day is going to be like any other day. Yesterday, that was me. I woke up knowing that Madyson had an eye doctor appointment and knowing that I was going to be getting a new little "nephew" but that was about all I was expecting out of the day. BOY what a day it was!

1) Madyson's Eye Doctors Appointment:
She woke up crying because she knew she had to go. We have been talking alot about surgery because we just figured that was going to be the best way to fix her weak muscle. After some conviencing that the surgery wasn't happening that day, I got her in the car.



She did great at the appointment, even smiled a little! But when she heard her doctor say, "you know, Im just really not comfortable doing surgery on her right now...I think the glasses are working" she smiled BIG! So did I!

2) The Arrival of Nicholas Jackson Apostle.
Crystal and Nick are two dear friends of Mine and Todd's. Crystal and I went to college together and she was one of my bridesmaids, Nick and Todd played football together. They are married now and just an amazing couple. Yesterday I got to be apart of the "family" as we awaited the arrival of their first child, Nicholas Jackson. He was born at 3:01, weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 20.5 inches long. Here are some pictures I took of the day.



3) Becoming a Matron Of Honor!
My bestie of the entire world, Kristie got engaged a few months ago. Yesterday, she asked me to be her Matron of Honor! I couldn't be more honored to stand by her on her special day! We have been through so much together in 26 years. I feel blessed to join this journey with her! (Oh and by the way! She just finished her MASTERS in Nutrition last week!! She is official done with school..unless she goes for Dr??)



4) TODD GOT THE PROMOTION WE HAVE BEEN WAITING ON!
For months Todd has interviewed with his company to move up to the next level in the corporate ladder of success. He would interview and be told to fix this, try again, not this time. He was really starting to become discouraged. With the coaching of his friends at work, me, and lots of prayer. We decided to try it one more time. He got it!!! And not only did he get it...he is now based in CLINTON!!! which means he can help with the girls in the morning, we can have lunch together, we are back to being a family

So, needless to say, June 23rd was a great day in our household. Oh and the best part?!?!?! Disney is a few days away!

3 comments:

  1. What a great and amazing day!!! We could use a day like that around here...are you sharing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. i admit it. i'm a dork. i open your blog at work and keep it open just to hear the music all day. oh, i read the posts too.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat