Wednesday, June 9, 2010

26 days until D-I-S-N-E-Y

We have officially hit, "GO TIME" on our summer vacation!

We are 26 days away until we enter the most magical place on earth and I am so excited!

Monday we made our Disney Vacation Chain. I meant to do this on Saturday but the day got away from me with all I had going on, and then Sunday I worked that afternoon to get ready for our VBS meeting so Monday, the girls and I sat down and made our chain!

Madyson's so much bigger this year than she was last year. Last year, I did it all, she picked out the colors. This year, Aubrie picked colors, I wrote "Day" and drew a mickey head, Madyson wrote the numbers and glued the chain. It was definatly a big difference from last year.


With the countdown being so close, I also started laying out the girls clothes in the guest room. If any of you read my Disney Blog, you know I am obsessive with what the girls wear each day because I want our pictures to be memorable. Why you ask? Because my mother dressed me in a swimsuit top and high waisted shorts with a sailor hat on our vacation 20 years ago! Here is a sneak peak at the week's wardrobe. (this is not even 1/2)





 Today I called my fairy God mother to arrange some more special surprises! Also on my DTDL this week is 1) hold our "D"briefing session with the parents to fill them in on what is going on. They are just along for the ride. My mom is very excited. My dad bought new shorts (I think these are his first new shorts since our last trip as a family here 20 years ago!) 2)send surpries to hotel via UPS. 3) find a new camera! I still have my trusty pink camera, but during our camping vacation some sand managed to wedge up in the lens now the lens doesn't open all the way and the camera guy said it would cost more to fix than the camera is worth...so that brings me to my question for you.

What kind of camera have you had that was good and under $300.00. As much as I would love a D90 I need something affordable right now so Madyson can have her Bday party!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Digital Elph. I LOVE it! I had a different Powershot Elph before this one for about 5 years or so until it finally died. I've had this one for about two years now and it's still going strong. It's great for a point and shoot and I love that it has video as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any Canon Powershot DIgital Elph! They are awesome ....my brother is a photographer in Rochester,NY and it's his favorite compact ...throw in your backpack or purse camera. I love it because it does video with sound...you can change any of your pics to black and white or sepia after you have taken them and it does color accent...black and white and a color of your choice....it also has an aquarium feature which is good for when you are taking pictures of anything behind glass..and fireworks feature too.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat