Monday, June 1, 2009

Big Girl!

It is so hard to believe in 35 days my baby will be 3 years old. I remember the day Madyson was born (in detail!).






It was the early morning of my 22nd birthday, I had been on bed rest for over 10 weeks, I had gained over 100 pounds and I was ready to have the baby, just not on my birthday.






I woke up around 3am to use the restroom, and found myself not feeling well, but I laid back down. Reese, my chipompoo kept "rooting" under me, staring at me in the face, licking my nose. I got up, so he would leave me alone. I was sitting on the couch and began feeling dizzy. I knew something wasn't right. I called the hospital and they said if I wanted to come in, I had to go to Women's not the Baby Suites. I decided to hang out until 8 then show up at the doctor's office. For 5 hours I felt like crap. Todd was excited...if the baby came that meant he would be a dad...you could tell it wasn't his birthday.






At 8 I arrived at Dr. Meck's office. Went through the whole pre-exam line up, then finally saw the doctor. I was dilated some...but I had really high blood pressure. Next thing you know, we are sent upstairs to have a baby.




A BABY! I was turning 22 years old in a few hours and I am fixing to be a mom?!?! Someone should have explained this whole thing better to me. Labor sucked. That is the only way to describe it. It was painful and miserable and all those women who say "its not too bad" apparently did not experience it. I did for hours with out DRUGS...thought I was going to be cool but finally right at the last minute I got the epidural and Madyson got the hiccups. All that pushing and she had to be shoved back in and off the operating room for an emergency c-section.




Now an emergency c-section is a scary deal. People are rushing around, sheets are flying up, you can hear metal things touching and people whispering but you have no clue what is going on.




All of the sudden I asked Todd, who was fearfully sitting next to me, what was I smelling. He peaked around the sheet and informed me that smell was my skin getting cauterized.




The next thing I know I am feeling tons of jerking and pounding then a loud "yahhh" from the nurses and this pitiful cry. "ITS A GIRL"...someone shouted. Todd ran over to see this thing that just emerged from my insides, and I looked at the anesthesiologist sitting next to me and asked her for something really strong.




Todd brought Madyson over to me. There she was this dark brown, black headed bundle of "who's baby is that?".




See I am medium skin with light brown/blond hair. Todd is medium skin with dark brown hair. This child had very dark skin, dark eyes and an "afro" of black hair.




The doctor assured me that she came from my belly so I was taking it that she had to be my kid.




Todd left to go show off this creature and I drifted off into epidural world, where everything is funny and the pain of staples going into your belly "tickles".




Madyson was a preemie and had to stay under observation for a few hours (5 to be exact) around 10:30 p.m. My baby finally came to me. She was perfect. Perfect lips, perfect skin, great hair, and sweet. I was in love, bottom line.




Now I sit and look at this precious child and thank God everyday for her (even if she did take my birthday, my birth weight/size, and almost my birth time!!)




Madyson is fixing to turn 3, she is so intelligent, sweet, and all around a perfect child.




She loves school, loves her family, (loves her tv) and knows that "Jesus loves her".




She is a fabulous big sister and an amazing daughter.




Today she received her first invitation to a (girl)friend at school's birthday party! My baby is growing up, building her "social life" and soon will be entering kindergarten (2 years, ill be crying!!)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat