Friday, June 26, 2009

a really long week

So if you notice I haven't been writing this week. Awkward I know. It wasn't because interesting things did not happen....TONS of interesting things did. It was because I have been thinking of how to say them all in 1 entry!

Monday: Started off rough. When you work a Sunday, you feel like Monday is Tuesday. I came to work in my new dress because I had a speaking engagment that afternoon. I went to the cafe to grab a drink and when I returned I had a missed call. The call was from my church, something I had been praying for. It was what I needed to hear that day. I was floating on cloud nine and had to spend the rest of the day working through a ton of emotions.

Tuesday: On Tuesday, I was off to take Madyson to the eye doctor. She got glasses and looks so cute!

Wednesday: Wednesday was a very hard, very LONG day. I had to announce to my staff & friends that I would be leaving my current job to be able to spend more time with my family. You all know how much I love my job and how much stress I have been under the past few months. Together, we have been praying for something to arise that would allow me more time with the family and not be a complete financial strain. That something finally came and now it was time for me to leave a place that I have called home for over a year. It felt like breaking up with my best friends. The statements I received from fellow co-workers really tugged at my heart, but I know, this is the best decision for me and most importantly for my family.

Thursday: This day flew by! By the time I got home I still had energy to work on Disney packing (9 more days!!) and cook a delcious dinner!

Today is Friday...FINALLY! I have alot of work to do at the office but even more when I get home. Tomorrow is Madyson's birthday party and i have to go grocery shopping and bake cupcakes, PLUS I have Flicks on the Bricks tonight for Arts Council! Then tomorrow is Madyson's sno-cone party and Courtney's wedding shower. Then Sunday is church & sunday school, as well as, packing for Disney day.

Next week is a 4 day week! Friday will be hectic getting everything ready for the trip! Saturday is the 4th of July and then Midnight hits and WE LEAVE!!!

I am so excited and I love Todd so much! He has put up with my pixie dust and princess dress dream for 4 years and now, it is about to come true!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat