Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Details to baby #3~

Thank you all so much for your love and congratulations. You have no idea how blessed Todd and I feel and how excited we are to share this journey with you! I mean...it's our baby but it really feels like "OUR" baby :) (as in all of ours!)

Monday afternoon I had a doctors appointment. It was suppose to be Thursday but with the hurricane coming-it was moved up to Monday. I was VERY nervous. It  was my first time back since the miscarriage (I was really bad and never went back for my follow-up. I was emotionally not capable then to walk into that room again)

As we sat in the waiting room I was told "today things are going to go as followed. 1) labs 2) sonogram 3) doctor." When the door opened the US Tech walked out and my heart sank. My drs office has 3 US Techs. And this was the same one that did the sonogram that confirmed the miscarriage. She called our name and my heart literally died. I just knew that the world was coming to an end.

As we got into the little booth and got situated she said "I see a baby!" and quickly followed up with "it has a heart beat!" She then turned on the sound so we could hear its beautiful little heart beat of 178!!!

She was just as happy for us as we were. Todd and I were high fiving, crying, shaking....you know, like first time parents. She was busy snapping away pictures and taking measurements and then it was over.

I moved on to the doctor next. And I got the dos and donts for the next 4 weeks. Todd and I were busy calling and texting everyone. We are so bad. I could never be one of those fun people who announce in a cool way!

We stopped by joann's and made the girls some frames that said "You're going to be a big sister" and put a sonogram picture in each. Once we got home, we told them and they were elated!!! Madyson loves to "feel the baby" and Aubrie kate is very excited to be a big sister.

According to the doctor, baby #3 shows alot sooner than the other too and it was okay if we decided to go ahead and share with my boss because I probably had another week or 2 before I started showing (try 4 days....no lie I have a bump! more on that next week!)

So I went to work the next day and shared with my boss and my teachers. Baby is due end of march but I usually deliver week 37-38. So we are looking at Mid-to late march. Aubrie kate is not so sure about this being her birthday present. "I don't wanna share" is more like it.

As for names, we have a beautiful girl name picked out. Then we had a boy name. But the boy name doesn't do this baby justice. SO we came up with 2 alternative names and we are busy deciding on those! I love to have a name ready on "gender reveal day" so I can start calling baby by name asap!

We were working on a nursery for adoption baby so we are really doing well in the nursery department. We have our plan laid out and hoping to get some of it done this labor day weekend :)

As for adoption baby, Todd and I decided that we would not pull out of the adoption process because I am pregnant. If God chooses to bless our family with a baby through adoption as well as birth this year then we will just expand by 4 feet :)

So how am I? Exhaustion has been a big deal over the past few weeks. I figured I was anemic again and I would be getting herbs and supplements. I come home from work and sleep for an hour before doing anything else. It is lovely.

I have some nausea but really-its nothing to complain about. I am very blessed to be having these feelings and I am just soaking them all in, since I thought I would never be able to feel this again!

Thursday we were off of school for the hurricane so we took a trip to Babies R Us to see what has changed in the 4.5 years we have had a newborn. We looked at carseats, pack-n-plays, bedding, monitors, bottles...it was just a lot of fun! We are so excited and can't wait to share this journey with you!


6 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys!!! What a blessing! Tears of happiness for you here. Praying for baby #3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your previous post....SO excited for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- I'm so ecstatic for you and your sweet family. Prayers going up for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fantastic. How very exciting!!

    (Sorry I'm so behind on the news - just getting caught up from another wave of behindness.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exciting news!! SO SO SO happy for your family! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat