Saturday, August 11, 2012

Full of Words!

Okay-this is a catch up post without any pictures. (having technical issues)

Twitter friends already know that God surprised me with a job opportunity that I adore!

Let me explain:

A month ago we started praying that God show us what to do: Me stay home-or go back to work.

It became evident that going back to work was in the cards. However-It didn't have to be a desk job 40+hours a week. I had some flexibility. So, we prayed.

My first thought was Preschool teacher. 8:30-11:30. Well, that isn't what he had planned. Our preschool wasn't hiring and neither were the other 2 church preschools in the area. Well...that's okay.

Then I set up an appointment with a friend-she had a part time job in her office. The day I was suppose to go in for the interview we had major car problems (on our 1 year old van) and had to get new (VERY expensive tires).

The next day-is when God started to show Himself. I had spoken with Madyson's Principal about being a teacher assistant at her school. At our school each kindergarten teacher as an assistant and 2 first grade teachers share one. They teach when the teacher is out, the help the teacher get all the activities together, you are in a classroom with a group of kids learning! It sounded great to me. Well, Mrs. H called and I set up a time to take a test, an interview, and then 2 days later she called and hired me! I was ecstatic! I started Thursday and so far I love it! I am blessed with a great Kindergarten Teacher. She was actually my student kindergarten teacher when I was in Kindergarten :) So she and I have a great bond already! (I was her first class....she taught me to tie my shoe:) We have had a great first 2 days getting the classroom set up! I organized all of our cubbies into Language/Math/Science and got all the school supplies put up!

Monday, the kids come! I am so excited!!!

The greatest part is-I am at school with Madyson and Aubrie is just down the road. I will be off all holidays & summer with the kids-so we still get more than a busy weekend to hang out!

Pictures of my classroom & the first few days coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blessing for your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! That's awesome, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you Sarah!!! I can see you doing this and know that being near your girls and with their schedule is such a blessing. So neat to see God work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! Love the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Congratulations on the perfect job!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat