Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Weekend!

Friday Morning started off great! I had breakfast with Tyanne and sweet Sarah at Chick-fil-a! Tyanne was my February coffee person and since we both love food-we decided to go for sweet tea and chicken =) (we are southern and can do that)

We had great conversations about life, kids, and even played a little hide and seek with Sarah in the playground area!

After breakfast it was "off to work I went" putting up the new structure for the porch. Yall it is coming together! Next weekend is the BIG weekend (roof, new screens, paint and SWINGSET!!) but I am pleased with the progress so far!

Saturday morning my mom and I got up and went to 2 mission garage sales about 30 minutes away. I love garage sales, and esp. mission sales. I didn't find much, just some decorative things but for $5 and time with my mom, it was worth it!

When I got home-The girls and I had "spa day" we set up the foot bath machine and I did there nails. As Aubrie was soaking her feet in the bath (looking at a book) I noticed water dripping down the edge of the couch...needless to say she got comfortable and tinkled all down the side of the playroom couch. geesh =) I think it will be a while before we go to the real spa.

Saturday afternoon, Todd and I got busy on the "landscaping" part of the yard. We have HUGE trees with the vines hanging through (not appealing in the winter) so we thought we could just cut them down. WRONG. These things were so strong we could SWING on them. Literally-like Tarzan. It was fun for a minute...until we realized if we wanted them down, we had to hire someone.

Sunday was a beautiful day (weather wise) and a great day to be at church!
We had lunch with our friends Chris & Darla at the "Chips & Dip" restaurant! They are new to our Life Group and we wanted to spend time with them just talking and getting to know them better.

After lunch-back to work. We had one piece of "roof" to remove that was attached to our house. it took both of us to get it done.

Once that was down-we cleaned up the extremely dirty beams. By this time the girls were up from nap so we played games, did some laundry, and watched the oscars. (which I might add I have only seen two of the movies Toy Story 3 & Tangled) oh well =)

Today is March and that is a HUGE deal at our house!! Little Prissy's birth month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat