Friday, March 4, 2011

The Back Porch Design

I have been receiving alot of questions about the back porch! So I thought I would address a few today:

1) Why did you do this before the kitchen?
That was easy. As much as I desire a new, pretty kitchen. The ugly kitchen functions. I can cook and prepare meals in there. Our backyard DOES NOT and has never functioned. Since the porch has been my dad's junk drop spot for 20 years it has never been maintained. Also there are 4 dogs that live in the yard and its really just a big ole mess. We were going to save it for next spring-but the girls are always wanting to go outside and play so we went ahead and did it.

2) How is it coming?
Its coming. It is cleaned off, demolished down to structural stuff and the rotted header boards have been replaced. The roof is left to do, then paint, new screens, doors, accessories.

3) What is the "feel" of the room?
I have always envisioned this room to be a part of the family room. The 2 HUGE windows in the family room open up to the porch. So I want to keep with the repurpose chic feel-but more vibrant. I want this area to be where we eat during the summer, read books, play, and make lots of memories. Here is my idea board:

The hardest part about repurpose chic is you can't just go to the store and buy ever piece you need. It takes time. So I have been busy searching for a few key items. I do know that we will have a table that seats 8 plus 8 chairs, a sofa area, and 2 chairs, plus a cabinet to old outdoor toys/serve from. There is also going to be a new grilling area and....

for 2 special kiddos! (this is actually in my garage as we speak...begging to be put together)
Hopefully** The rain will hold off this weekend and I can get the rest of the work +paint done so I can show you a picture! Then it will be on to Junkin for some cute decorating stuff!

I am loving this....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat