Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bringing Back the Plate

Ever so often I look at my post-baby body. geesh. I know I wont ever be back to pre-kid fit but I have really just given in...to my love for junk.

So I have decided to bring back the plate. The what?

The plate. Portion control is a big part of my issue. I love to eat-but hate to exercise. So my doctor informed me of the "plate diet". Pretty much you can eat whatever you want-as long as it fits on a 9inch plate and does not touch.


See-over the past 30 something years plates have gone from 8.5 inches to 12 inches in diameter! That is a huge increase of food if you "fill your plate". So for us non-discipline folks-we carry around a 9 in paper plate (i have even found 1 ceramic for nice restaurants.) and that is what we go by. The last time I did this I lost a lot of weight. Right now my goal is 8 more pounds!

Also-because Adoption Physicals are coming up...I have cut sweets out of my diet!! I think I have gone crazy. BUT I know it will be worth it when I am chasing after 3 kids!

2 comments:

  1. I have scoured my cabinets trying to find you 9 inch plate to eat on when you come Sunday! LOL. I have found an 8 inch...will that work?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! I've never heard of that, but it does sound like a good idea... hm.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat