Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010-Farewell! Hello 2011!!!!

 Hello: I debut January 2009 with Confessions of a Shopaholic. One of my most candid post
Here I told you I spend way to much money on junk-and shouted out a few more goals for the year! How did I do?
Shopping: Better. I became alot of more frugal and less Dependant on wal-mart and target

 spend Saturday mornings with the girls doing crafts, cooking, playing and less running around.-yes! And boy was it fabulous! 


 Saying no more often and sticking with it. I did this too-it wasn't always fun but in the end-was needed.

Care less about "not being part of the crowd" This year has really taken a toll on me when I receive invitations to showers and such and I was not asked to be a hostess. I have got to realize High school is over and this is aminuscule thing.  I did do this. And I am proud to say that I am comfortable now in my adult skin


 read 2 books a month. I know for you readers two doesn't seem like alotbut I don't read. I mean I just got my first library card! so I am starting off with a goal I think I can do and If I get to read more then great!! I read a total of 31 books this year! so I did a few more than 2 a month


 Witness to people and not be scared to talk about my faith openly. and do a devotion everyday! I pray everyday but this past year I got so overwhelmed with everything I forgot to do my devotions, which is something I miss!! Devotions and praying were a big part of 2010. I believe that I did a much better job on this goal than the others. 

Do more charity work. Could do better-Can't wait to tackle 2011!

be more patient with Todd. I am Italian. I have a streak that erupts when I get frustrated/tired/or upset...and Todd usually gets the grunt of it. He works so hard for our family to provide me with the lifestyle I like, I sometimes take it for granted. So I will say thank you more and whine less.
After writing this I developed a mindset "he is an amazing husband who works way to hard, I will serve him more and say thank you a lot. 2010 was a great year in the marriage department



Throw at least 2 bags of "junk" out a month. I rocked this one out

 Put my meals into recipes. I don't cook from a recipe...everything is "up here" but every now and then I have a friend ask me how to make something and I literally can't tell them. So in 2010, I want to be able to share my food! did not even start on this-actually had forgotten

Not let laundry get overwhelming. This is something I have to do! I will wait (literally) until our closets are empty of seasonally clothing because I hate to do laundry. Not in 2010!! SAD but There have been weeks were I didn't do it. Yes WEEKS...so I think this one is a FAIL. 







So whats on the list for 2011! Well its long-I want to do a lot this year to grow as a person, a mom/wife, and as a family.


Personal goals:
1) learn to make a souffle 
2) Make Bread
3) MAKE MY COOKBOOK
4) create a cleaning schedule and stick with it
5) Laundry-again...it can not win in 2011
6) Keep Junk Out lets up it to 3 bags a month
7) Keep my car clean


To Grow as a Person
1) Dedicate a minimum of 5 hours a month to charity work 
2) continue to read Christian books-4 a month. 
3) Make God first in the morning. 5:30-Is God's Time.
4) Less Television. I max of 7 hours a week. I waste too much time with the "idiot box" as my Maw calls it.
5) Have coffee or ice cream or lunch with 1 friend a month. Who wants to be first?


To Grow as a Wife/Mom
1) Continue to value Todd's hard work and remember to say thank you and I love you all the time.
2) Have a mommy/daughter date with each girl individually a month. 
3) Have a girls day with both of them-doing whatever THEY want to do.
4) schedule date nights/or golf days with Todd. Sometimes he needs some him time. 


To Grow as a Family:
1) Prayer time each day together-to pray as a family
2) continue movie night
3) To do 1 charity project every 3 months as a family. 
4) To continue to teach our children about loving and serving others 
5) Create a "house project" for the 4 of us to do.
6) Continue to pray and pursue our newest member. Adoption is a scary yet exciting time and we all will go through it together-with God leading the way!


I am so excited about 2011 and all that it is going to hold! What are your goals for the year!?

5 comments:

  1. Me Me Me!! Lets have coffee girl (and I know a great homemade recipe so it won't cost us frugal girls a thing;)) !! OH, and YES we should so go junking together!
    I'm with you on being "part of a/the crowd" thing too. So over it, girl:) Happy New Year to you and your sweet fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to watch your adoption journey over the coming year!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with last years goals. It looks like you have a lot of great goals for the coming year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok if Pamela is going to be first I would like to book February! ha ha ha!!!! Such an inspirational list!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals!! I SOO need to sit down and write mine out, but that's easier said than done right now...

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat