Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Room Update!

Yall-let me just tell you. The Family Room is slowly becoming my favorite room!

After last weeks Lamp post-(hahah) I started searching for lamps. If you have read for a while you know I can't stand to pay more than $30 dollars for anything. Every lamp I looked at was 20+the cost of the shade. So I started looking around at some of the "junk" that I have. Turns out I had a tacky bronze candle holder that was just the shape and size that I wanted my lamp to be! So I headed to my home depot and got a lamp making kit-yall....it is FINE! (well it will be when I find a shade)

Ill post pics and how-tos later in the week!

Here is my last few items I need

a round or oval coffee table
a small pedestal table
2 wooden folding chairs
a rug (still)
a few more throw pillows or material to make some (i can at least do that)
and a throw. I believe a Family Room is not finished unless it has a throw

I finished my sofa table yesterday. I had this GREEN pecan dresser that was my great uncles. I have been doing some love on it. Tons of sand paper, some old barn wood, some stain, some wax, some paint, and really expensive knobs (why are those so expensive??) and it is FABULOUS. My dad (who has taught me so much about junkin and pickin) came in and was in awe! He, and I quote, said "you could get a pretty penny for that. Its amazing"-I think so too

Do you go junkin and pickin? (if you do-you know what that means) Do you have favorite spots?

1 comment:

  1. I have watched that show a few times and think it would be a blast to do, but don't know where to go?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat