Wednesday, January 12, 2011

God working: 301

As of right now-my house is a mess. I have loads of laundry to do-I have dishes to wash-I have furniture that I started refinishing last week sitting in my entry way covered in flakes of paint I am pretty sure contain lead. I am only home to sleep at night-and even that is lack there of.. BUT at this moment-I am rejoicing.

See-Sunday we started Life Action Revival at our church. I am NOT a person that leans towards revival. All the memories I have growing up being forced to sit in the worship center (or sanctuary then) having some man yell bible verses, people crying, then 2 weeks later--life was back to normal. Anyone else think of revival like that?

Well-that was my thought going into it. But this is so not even close. The team that is here is early twenties-early thirties. They have a worship painter, they have up-to-date songs, they have easy to learn lessons about life, with God as the focus. I don't leave there feeling like I am the worst person around. I leave there thinking-I can use what they just taught me to be a better person.

This week-I was suppose to travel to testify in a court case. I was scared. I knew that it would take a miracle to get out of this. I began to pray, I enlisted the prayers of others (including the Life Action Team). I was suppose to leave tonight. Less than an hour ago-I received the call that I don't have to come. Trial has been postponed and good things are taking place. I rejoiced! But then I thought to myself, my hotel has a no refund policy! That would be $107.62 that I would be out. So, I called, explained the situation and the hotel agreed to refund my money. God is working in the situation and I know he is not finished yet, but he has made it clear that I can trust in him and that he will handle it.

Amazing things happen when you just trust.

As tired as I am, As dirty as my house is, I will continue to postpone these things and continue to focus this week on serving and learning about the Lord. Because He is here.

Madyson is involved in the 4yo-1st grade Revival group, "Happy Heart City". She literally BEGS me to come to church every night. She isn't upset about missing shows, or not being able to play with her toys. She is excited to "find the 10 commandments that were stolen out of HHC!!" And yes, my four year old is learning the 10 commandments...word for word.

I plan on sharing what we learned this week at Life Action at a later date! And don't worry-those before and after Family Room pics will come soon as well! Oh and I have tons of new Madyson Moments and adoption stuff to share. But for now-I am rejoicing and learning! Ill be back soon.

1 comment:

Let's Chat