Monday, January 10, 2011

300th-Its all Him

Congratulations to me on my 300th post! 

On Sunday- we started Revival at our church. This is a 10+day commitment of being at church to worship and to learn about the Lord. We have brought in a team - "Life Action" - to host our revival. Sunday I was working in the children's wing but I stole this excerpt from our Life Group's Page

{{{Yesterday morning the pastor speaking with Life Action made this illustration.  Suppose that one day you got a random call from the White House, they told you that the President of the United States was coming to your house to spend the next few days talking with you.  You would have the opportunity to tell him anything you wanted regarding how things were run and give any suggestions that would make things better.  Immediately you agree, and you begin to run out and tell your boss and others that the President is coming.  You completely clear your calendar, take a few days off work so that you can prepare for his coming and spend as much time with him as you can.  You make it a priority in your life to meet with the President.
Would this be your reaction to meeting with God.  Are you willing to clear your schedule and make a sacrifice of time in order to meet with God?  Pastor Greg wrote these words a few days ago, “The truth is that most of us have chosen to fit God into our schedule in some sort of manageable way. In other words, we have forced God to conform to us, not us to Him.”}}}}

When I read this the first thing I thought of-How many times have I said, "I will do my bible study when this show goes off." Or "I really want to go to church tonight but the big game is on!!" Wow. more than I want to admit. When I started this blog I really just wanted to have a way to remember all that our family did. I never once thought of it as a line to share God with the world. (literally-according to stats majority who read this are from other countries!!) As I have grown in my Christianity, I see that "Its all Him" labels appear a lot! I chose the name "Its all Him" because it is-simply put-all God.


Yesterday, Satan was at work! Mississippi was bedded down preparing for "Snowmageddon 2011", Our pastor's father passed away, Church Employees were sick. It would have been easy to say "you know what, too much is going on, we must not start revival today" but we didn't. We went on, and people came. I even had one lady tell me "I thought about staying in, the roads are bad, but I am not going to let Satan win my heart today".

This morning we woke up, and got back to work. Tonight we start night 2. I am excited to see what God has in store for us this week-and I promise to share with you all!

Thank you for following our family on this wild journey of life. I ask that no matter what, you remember our verse, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans WILL SUCCEED" Proverbs 16:3







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat