Saturday, January 15, 2011

The C's: 302

Thursday  I got to spend my lunch time at the Life Action's Women's Luncheon! Debbie Canfield (who's husband and son are leading the Summit) was the speaker Her topic was being a Cactus or a Magnet.

Here are a few short notes I took

A cactus hurts and destroys its objects. It is one who has an untamed tongue" (yea-I tend to have a bad attitude at time, esp when I am emotional)

A cactus compares herself to others. Comparing causes anger and bitterness (2 Cor. 10:12)

A Cactus complains. Those who have the least have less to complain about. (Phil. 2:14)

A cactus likes to be in control (not me!...yea right) At this point she used the example of letting God be your pilot. She was talking about how you have to take a backseat to him and let him "guide your plan". The next thing I knew she was asking "Now ladies, how many of you get on a plane and introduce yourself to your pilot" My hand shot up. She said, "really? You do? I think you are the first one ever"


We all remember the great flight to California



I like to know who is in control of my life...didn't know most didn't?!

So let's talk about being a magnet

A Magnetic woman is one who has filled her cup with Jesus, and she clings to God for her strength, guidance, and wisdom.

A magnet is Content (Phil. 4:11)
Contentmnet shows in one who is grateful. Contentment consist not in having great wealth; but in having few wants.

A magnet compliments or praises (Psalms 119:164)

A magnet is a cheerleader for her family. (1 Cor. 10:31) My purpose in life is not to be happy but to glorify God, and there I find my real JOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat