Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Hoopla

Thanksgiving is over and the turkey, pumpkins, and acorns are put away.

This year, it all went by way to fast! Lets look at some things we did.

Madyson had "The first Thanksgiving" at school She was a pilgrim!

I started decorating for Christmas (more on that tomorrow)

We had Thanksgiving dinner with our LifeGroup! So yummy!!

Wednesday, I was sending a tweet when my trackball, cover, and side buttons literally fell apart in my hands. I had NO phone for 5 days. Serious eye opener. Didn't really miss anything except being able to tweet, facebook, and email without having to stop what I am doing to go sit at computer.

We celebrated Thanksgiving morning my favorite way! Watching the parade.We all decided that we will take a NY trip in a few years to see it first hand. My favorite moment was when Aubrie yelled out (i was in the kitchen getting coffee) "Momma, Sista, come look....its abbydabby!!" (the SS float)

After the parade we headed to Todd's parents house for Thanksgiving dinner with his aunts, uncles, and cousins. I look forward to this ever year because I love this family to death and we all live in other states so its the one time we all come together! (PLUS, they are all FABULOUS cooks!!)

After lunch and some rest time, we (Todd, myself, and cousin Justin) took 8 kids to the movies to see Tangled! It was really cute! I think all the time with the boy cousins really made Todd excited about the possibility of having a son. 

The girls spent the night with Todd's mom and me, my sister-in-law and Todd all went Black Friday Shopping. Us girls started at Walmart @ 11 and didn't get home til Friday at noon~12 hours! I got alot of great deals though!

I spent the rest of the afternoon/night sleeping. Todd and the girls got home around 11 that evening and we all slept until 9am! Saturday we stayed at the house in our PJ's all day! We watched movies, I cleaned the kitchen cabinets all out and organized them, hung some more decorations...just chilled. That evening we decided to go to Bass Pro to see "Santa". The girls were great. Aubrie asked for a baby doll. Madyson asked for Mittens, an Easy Bake Oven, and a Kitchen aid Mixer for momma. (I LOVE THAT CHILD, not only that she thought to ask for a present for someone else, that she really listens every time we trek through Belk and I stop to talk to Mary my Green mixer.)

Sunday, we were suppose to be out of town, but plans changed so we hung our outside Christmas Lights, I stopped by Family Christian book store to pick up 2 books for myself

Bringing Up Girls: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the Next Generation of Women 

7 Ways to Be a S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Mom 
Then we ate some homemade potato soup for dinner!
and now, a Madyson Moment from the week......... I walked in on Madyson on the computer. I said, "whatcha doing?" She said, "Googlin"...Me: "really,(knowing she can't spell) watcha googlin? She said, "dunno just typin in letters to see what comes up"

How was your Thanksgiving?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat