Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Longest Post in Blogger History.....

So, if your computer shuts down during the loading of this post, I do apologize! I am sorry I have been absent for a while! With Todd's knee surgery and Fall Harvest at the church....life had been Crazy!!

So lets start where I left off....

Todd is doing great from his surgery! The doctor was very pleased at the post-op exam and thinks he will be able to heal without therapy!

I finished the girls costumes!! Madyson was Strawberry Shortcake this year. She has all the sudden taken a HUGE liking to this character.


Aubrie was Abby Cadabby!


Madyson had a field trip to the pumpkin patch! It was alot of fun!


We went to the Fall Carnival in our hometown! The girls had alot of fun getting candy! My niece, Emma, won 1st place in her age division for the costume contest!




Todd's business had a city wide costume contest to see which branch could dress/decorate their office the best. Todd's Branch won!! They did a batman theme! Here is the goofy group! (when you have 2 big guys in lycra you are kind of a shoe-in)

Fall Festival at the church was fabulous this year! (makes you feel really good when all your planning goes accordingly!) I did find some stuff I want to change for next year (usually do) but other than that, I was very pleased!

Can you say, sugar high????


Now for some bigger stuff!

If you remember this post, you know that adoption has been on my heart for a while(actually one year ago from today!)Well, I mentioned it to Todd but at the time, he wasn't ready. That was okay! I spent the next few months just praying that God would speak to him on this topic. Over the summer, I had a little boy from our local children's home in my Sunday School Class. I fell in love with this child. Every Sunday, when he would leave. My heart would break. One Sunday, I finally just broke down and told Todd how I wanted him to come live with us. He agreed. He said, "Lets bring him home". Well, it wasn't that simple. He wasn't a ward of the state yet, so he was unadoptable. And turns out, for the better...he is back with his family. It took alot of time for my heart to heal. I was sure God wanted him to be our son. I was wrong....

A few months past and Todd and I began talking again about adopting. We adore our two girls, to bits and pieces but we know 3-4 is our number. We began talking to Madyson about adoption. I explained my adoption story to her as best as I could. I showed her pictures of orphans and explained how God allowed those children to be born, and has a special mommy and daddy waiting on them. She turned to me and said, "Why don't we have those kids come live with us, I am a great big sister, and you and daddy are special."---affirmation.

All of the sudden, I noticed a trend. 1/2 of the blogs I was following were adoption blogs. Honestly, I never thought much about it. I just liked reading about everyones lives.

So, there is our big news. We are going to adopt a child. The next step is, waiting on God to show us where from. This process is new, and we are still learning. We have begun conversation with All God's Children's and a few local adoption agencys. We are in the early stages of this process and both know it is going to be a LONG haul. But we are ready.

Most of the people we have shared this with are excited for us. Some say, "you are going to start this adoption and get pregnant." Our response is usually, "okay". We both feel that God is in control of our lives and that no matter what, this is what he wants us to do.

So there is our big news! We are on the "adoption bandwagon" as some call it. We are going to a workshop this weekend with our blog friends The Braddy's, we are excited to go through this and can't wait to see where God is taking us!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    So excited about this! God has huge things in store for you (as you already know!). Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

    Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Oh my goodness, you know I am thrilled to hear this news!! Another baby coming HOME!! Praise God!! And we LOVE All God's Children so much! If you have any questions, let me know! Moving your blog to my adoption blogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I actually kept waiting for you to share that news....I just had a feeling it wouldn't be much longer for y'all :) Such a special thing, and I can't wait to follow y'all's journey. Jarod and I both feel like we're called to adopt, but the timing is definitely not right for us right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat