Friday, November 5, 2010

"You will be blessed"

God and I have a great understanding. He knows that if my heart starts pounding 90 to nothing that I will stop and listen.

Yesterday, in the midst of fighting a cold, I ran to Family Dollar to pick up some crosses for our Operation Christmas Child Shoe boxes. As I was waiting to check out, there was an older lady in front of me, counting change to pay for her $30.00 garbage can, clothes pins, etc. My heart was pounding. When the lady at the counter told her she didn't have enough, she started to recount. I couldn't ignore the feeling anymore. I opened my mouth and said, "I will pay for your purchase". Automatically she grabbed my arm and proceeded to tell me how God will bless me. 

The store clerk looked stunned, her daughters started praising...and out came the flood of my mouth. I told her how I appreciate her saying that, but God had blessed me. He put me in that store at that time to help her and that I was just glad that he allowed me to serve him. She then asked me what church I go to, when I told her. She said, Oh thats such a great church. I invited her to attend Sunday, we will see.

When I got in the car, I sat in awe. I had to thank God again for allowing me to serve him. I was blessed the day I decided to start living a Christian life. I never have to feel alone and I have the knowledge that HE is in control.

Tonight is family night! Another way I am blessed! Todd, I and the girls are packing up our Operation Christmas Child boxes and watching Toy Story 3! Do you have family night? what are some of the things that you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat