Friday, August 27, 2010

Thursday!

Well yesterday was another one of those ways that started rough but ended great!
We had Todd's Pre-Op Doctors Appointment @ 10:00. When we arrived we were told "they are way, way behind back there so its probably going to be a while" Normally, I would have been fine waiting. BUT I had lunch plans with my sweet Jessica and Kristina (my cousin) was in labor! So, I impatiently sat in the chair shaking my foot. Finally, I texted a friend of mine and asked her to post on THE CITY (our churches social networking site) a prayer request for patience bc mine just wasn't working!

We got in to see the doctor about 45 minutes after our appointment time. He took a look at Todd's neck and said, "this is a sebaceous cyst" we can remove that here. FABULOUS NEWS! Well...he had a resident with him and he had the resident feel the "thing". The resident said, "I think it feels like a something that ends with oma". Our dr. told him to feel it again and feel how it felt and how it was loose and how blah blah blah.

Well, after about 15 minutes we were sent to the OR of the clinic. Yes we, I got to go, because I am hard core like that =).

Well they started, I had seen this procedure a few times during my stint in the hospital world. I knew it should take about 8 minutes. Well then I hear, "mmmm. That's odd." The procedure lasted 35 minutes. When the cyst was removed we were all in agreement that it was not a cyst. It didn't look like a cyst, it was attached. It was a shock. Todd was sewn up and the thing was just sent off to get biopsied. The resident had that "I told you so look on his face"...I think he was right.

So now, we are in waiting period. This thing is being examined and we find out Monday or Tuesday what it is. I have my opinions but I am not a trained professional so Todd told me to keep them to myself. So that started off the day.

Here is Todd after, in the car on the way to our next stop, The Birthing Suites!
(see how he is biting his lip? That's what he does when he is frustrated with me)




I needed to be at the hospital after all of Todd's mess. I needed something to take my mind off of crying. Not crying that I think it is something bad. Crying that I don't want to watch the person I love suffer, ever. And that was the first time I had ever seen him being cut open and in pain.

Kristina was in labor. They had done the balloon, they had started her IV, they had put in the internal baby monitor, they had stopped the pitocin, Bailey didn't like contractions. Every time one came, her heart rank sank. So, Kristina got to join the C-section club with me. Bailey was born at 2:05. She weight 6lbs 13oz and was 19.5 inches long! She has a head full of dark brown hair with a few blond highlights!!
I waited until 7pm when "my bailey bug" was finally let out of transition to hold her! Here we are!
isn't that a good look for me? I am so excited She is here and healthy so I can play with her and love on her until I have one of my own! (oh and madyson and AK both decided yesterday they are ready for a baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat