Monday, August 30, 2010

Ive been distracting myself

This weekend I knew was going to be rough. I left work Friday in tears and they sat behind my eyes all weekend. In my way, way past I would have just gone out for a drink or 12. But in my new life, my Christian life, I dealt with the worringisms by doing the one thing I love to do...throw things away. I am the polar opposite from hoarder. I hate things. I have the hardest time at Christmas and Birthdays when people give me "stuff". Because usually I will use it out of kindness then it sits somewhere (under my bed, in my closet, in the garage.)

Well Saturday I got up and started cleaning out the garage. This literally has never been done in the 18 years I have lived at my house. Mine and Todd's stuff was there from when we moved. All my dad's junk was in there. You could barely park a car.

I didn't think to take pictures because really it wasn't for an "whooo look what I did" it was to keep my mind off of Todd's thing.

I spent from 7:30-5:00 pulling everything out, reorganizing it, throwing it away. We took 3 truck loads to the Salvation Army...4 to the dumpster. You can now almost park 2 cars in the garage! It is fabulous.

After the garage was cleaned out, I washed the garage door, the side of the house...all of the stuff.

Saturday Night Todd was finally feeling a little better so he wanted to watch a movie. I let him pick and we watched Date Night. It was an unusual choice for us (esp. when the kids are up) but it was funny.

Sunday, Todd was up ready for church. He wasn't feeling his best but he wanted to go. So we went and came home. His incision spot is swollen so he took some medicine and laid down. I then I had to find another way to distract myself from crying. SO...I started stripping beds, dumping baskets, washing clothes (you know I'm seriously distraught if Laundry helps me feel better) cleaning out closets, organizing shoes, scrubbing floors, shredding old papers..making lasagna....everything. I finally stopped at 11:30 last night.

Today is possibly the day we find out about Todd's thing he had removed....I am hoping and praying it is nothing and our world will go back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. I know it is SO hard not to worry. I'll be praying that everything turns out fine!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat