Monday, August 9, 2010

random things that I get grossed out by.

I think one of the things Todd gets the biggest kick out of is how certain things make me throw up. I mean literally I will throw up or start heaving. Its not your normal blood, open wounds, organs falling out (okay ive only seen that 4x in my life but still) it is weird things that send me running to the bathroom to "get sick"

1)Hair. It grosses me out. After spending a few years in the hotel industry & the animal industry this is what gets me everytime.
a1) Wet hair in the bathtub, sink, drain.
a2) random hairs in towels, on shower curtains, on floors, anywhere.

I have been known to switch hotel rooms if I find 1 hair in my folded towel or on the soap dish. When I worked in hotels, I had our maids wear shower caps so we could avoid this problem.

My first memory of the hair issue is..I was riding in my aunts very nice car. She always had it super clean and fresh. Well I was in the back seat and my mom (who was riding shot gun) moved the seat forward for some reason. When she did that an old tator tot with a hair on it fell out from under the seat. I threw up all over the car.

2)the belt at a grocery store. If I go to Kroger, I always use the self checkout. Even if I have $200 dollars of groceries I will stand there and do each one BC...when I was in college we had to do an experiment where we swabbed random things and brought it back to put in petridishes to see what grew. Well most people decided to swab water fountains, toilets, bathroom door handles....we all know those are GROSS. I swabbed the belt at the grocery store. It had staph, ecoli, and salmonella all on it. Makes since. .
I have serious problems with the belt and even though I haven't thrown up yet, It makes me sick to my stomach just looking at it. Since our target doesn't sell raw meat, I guess it doesn't bother me as much but grocery store belts really get me!

3) Public tables. The other day we were eating lunch at a local eatery and madyson was under the table getting her shoe that fell off her foot. She came up and said "Ew, someone put a booger under there." Yes they did, and yes we left.

4)Chili. Can't stand looking at it or smelling it.

5) After Todd read this he reminded me of one important one. Left overs that have somehow made there way to the back of the refridge and have been forgotten. UGH!!


Do you have anything that makes you say EWWW?!??

6 comments:

  1. hahaha! this is hilarious! you would probably NOT want to be a guest at my house any time soon....because since giving birth my hair is falling out LIKE crazy! we could probably make a full wig out of all the hair i've lost. so, sadly, it is all over our house no matter how much i try to clean it up :(
    i am grossed out by wiggly teeth which did not bode well for me since i was a kindergarten teacher. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahahaha, this cracks me up too!

    being a nurse cured me of most of the ewwie-gooies (especially a peds nurse, kiddos can be nastified) but i do agree with amy above, wiggly teeth are sick. i can't even think about them without getting goose bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have a few too! Like I can spit if I want to or need to ( so gross and I don't do it offten) but I SOOOOOOOO can't SEE or HEAR other people doing it!!! GROSS! I totally throw up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...those are random. And I'm glad Ali isn't your kid - her obsession with Yucky-Bubble-Gum-Under-The-Table would make you leave every eating establishment you ever went to.

    Don't puke though, she doesn't touch it - she just gives a full report of all of the colors, shapes, and sizes of pieces under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soggy or wet food....like having to get out of the drain in the sink...or that's been in a Kids mouth....I gag ...and the smell of hamburger meat! Is that weird? It was good to see you the other night...Madysons grown so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just now reading this. Hair is an issue for me, too, and Peyton sheds like crazy- eww! I have certain words that get to me- ointment, curdled, engorgement, pus, scab, ect. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat