Wednesday, November 30, 2011

after the doctors appointment

I promise not to do a weekly blog about having a miscarriage, but in case someone wants to know...Here ya go.

My appointment Tuesday went like this:

Blood pressure and weight. 2 weeks ago my BP was 140/92 today it was 118/78. I weighted 122.4 2 weeks ago, today I weighed 125.3...so I am an emotional eater....that's okay.

At our Dr.'s office you have to fill out this pink sheet everytime you go. It ask questions like allergies, medical conditions, # of pregnancies, # to term, # premature, # of miscarriages. It took all I had to fill this out and not cry. My goal today was to hold it together.

Next I had another ultrasound (yes, the embarrassing kind) All was going "on course" except my lining was still a little thick.

The doctor saw me next, and hugged me and really wanted to have a moment. But when I get upset I shut emotions off...so we just got down to business and she helped the lining begin to breakdown more. (if you want details, email me...)

Then she wrote me a prescription for pain meds and antibiotics. And gave the directions to "not try to get pregnant until 2 full cycles"

She told me to take it easy, and come back in January.

So that was the extent of my visit. Not to painful. And I only broke down once I was back in the safety of my own car and listening to KLove. When Natalie Grant came on....
"All the weak find their strength at the sound of Your Great Name".

Yes, yes we do.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat