Monday, December 5, 2011

Come to the Well....

This past weekend was one of those weekends that I looked at and said, what....have....I....done.

I served as "president" of our Dace studios Christmas Parade float this year. Which really, wasn't a big deal bc I had to co-vps that were amazing. They did all the work, I just helped put it together the day of.

This is our float! The theme of the parade was "Get your Jingle On" so we went with "Jingle in the Jungle" and did a christmasy jungle theme. It wasn't traditional, which is what I wanted...the unexpected. But it turned out AMAZING. so proud of our team! We took Grand Champion of the parade.


So a 12 hour work day Saturday was worth it. But sunday...a different story.

God blessed me a few months with an opportunity to work as a Local Coordinator for a large production company. It is a very special/stressful job but its once every few months and I love it. This assignment was the final performance of the "come to the well tour" with Casting Crowns, Sanctus Real, The Afters, and Lindsay McCaul. Saturday night I sat on the couch and lifted my hands to God. I prayed for Him to take the glory of Sunday. I knew going into this that my body was exhausted...its been a long week. I knew that I would be dealing with volunteers....which aren't always reliable. I knew things would come up that would take more strength than I had. And I gave it all to Him. I just simply asked for Him to step in and to give me strength to help promote an event that glorified Him.

Sunday, I had to report to work at 8am. My girls had spent the night with Todd's parents so I hadn't seen Madyson in over 24 hours and had only spent 2 hours with Aubrie on the float. I was exhausted and already ready to go home. I met with the tour manager and my boss of the day and we set out the guidelines of what was expected. I had 4 runners there that had to work 8am-12am....running errands for the bands. Thankfully they were great sports and amazing support. When I started the morning I had 27 volunteers lined up for the rest of the day. I only needed 20....By 9:30 I was down to around 10....I sat in my office and made calls after calls. I exhausted every resource I had.


After hours of emailing, texting, calling. I stopped and said GOD, I need you. By 4:30 I had 20 volunteers sitting in my office :) The concert was amazing. Worshiping the Lord in 1 building with around 5,000 people is powerful.

Here are a few cell phone pics from that night
This is during The Afters, Light Up the Sky performance. Everyone in the place was holding their cell phones up.

Backstage shot of watching casting crowns. During "I praise you in this storm" almost everyone was on their feet, with their hands above their heads, praising the Lord. It was powerful.
This is my little pass that I wore all day. It actually stayed on!
and this is me after hour 14 of work....super tired and ready for bed!


Oh and big news! after all this was over, I decided to jump into the plan and do the red hair for the holidays!
I need to touch up a few of the tips that didn't take, but for the most part, I like it! Its fun, different and festive!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat