Tuesday, February 15, 2011

eh...Love Day 2011

I am about to give up on my precious love day. It seems that every year something happens! Here we go with the details!

Friday the girls had their party at school! When they got home it was "go through the vday bags" Here they are with some of their loot!

Friday night we had game/movie night. We watched movies, played with toys, just hung out. Todd surprised me with a little bracelet he picked up before coming home.

it says "I'm A Sweetheart for Adoption"-I loved that he was thinking about our "TBD child". He got each of us one! and I love it!

At 3:45am I wake up to Todd yelling "Sarah, She Can't Breathe".---thanks babe. So of course I pop up and come out of the comatose state that I was in to find Madyson standing in the door of the hallway coughing up a lung. Once I realize a) she can breathe or she wouldn't be coughing. b) I am not dreaming this is real life.
I go into mommy mode. Get her some water, help her catch her breath, get her settled down, take her temp (99.9) gave her some Tylenol- put her back in bed. Then I miraculously  (bc normally I am awake after an adventure) go back to sleep.

8:45 the alarm goes off and love day starts! The girls woke up to a few surprises!

Then we headed out to Dunkin Donuts for Breakfast!


 We had not been there 10 minutes when Madyson starts shaking saying how cold she was. So we load up in the car and head to walgreens. There I pick up some stuff because I know what is coming...the flu.

We get home, get her changed and get her into bed. Aubrie decides to hang out in the playroom and take advantage of sister being sick..and play with her toys.

Madyson sleeps through the afternoon and evening. Todd and I decide to call in my mom to sit with her while we take Aubrie to an early valentines dinner (4:30) we go to my favorite "family spot" Rooster's in Fondren.
We all eat a yummy dinner and call and check on Madyson. She is still asleep, so we decide to head to ToysRus to look at some stuff for Aubrie's birthday (more on that tomorrow) We pick up the Wii game "Smarty Pants" and I let Aubrie pick out a little toy for herself and for sister! When we get home Madyson's fever is 102 and she is super "hungry" so luckily I brought her some yummy macncheese (her favorite) from Roosters and some Banana Pudding. She doesn't eat a bite...which confirms flu.

Sunday, Todd got up and went and taught my 2 year old class and his 6th grade boys class. (husband of the year?) when he got home Madyson was still super sick and Aubrie was showing signs. So we laid low and decided to watch the grammys (that post will come on Thursday....)

Yesterday, I took Madyson to the doctor and they confirmed flu (duh) and gave her some meds and got us all  "prepared" for it to spread. Tamiflu for Valentines!! Yes! We came home and hung out just relaxed. You never realize how much having a sick kid can drain you!

Todd and I worked out our schedules so we could both work and both be home. I work the mornings and he works the afternoons. Again, so thankful that we both have jobs that are flexible and allow us to put our family first.

So that was our Valentines Love Day! How was yours?!?!

6 comments:

  1. I *just* got one of those bracelets from Wendy's! Hope y'all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your new design!!! I REALLY LIKE it!! Hope ya'll are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...so sorry. I'm out of "baby" stage and my youngest is 18. No babysitters needed. I hope you got a rain check so you can still celebrate when you are all healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new design! so sorry your babies are not feeling well....we must have similar "Valentines Luck" ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's disappointing that your day didn't go as planned! Hope yall are on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, bummer on Tamiflu for the family and the physical toll it takes on Mom and Dad. Sick babies are just aweful all the way around. I love to read your blog and see what I have to look forward to when #2 rolls around. Boo to sickness, yay to having husband of the year and a precious family to care for!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat