Thursday, July 15, 2010

Redoing the Room

I will continue with our Disney post next week, but right now I need some major opinions.

We are turning our once formal dining room/then living room/then play room/ then man room into a "discovery room"

I have cleaned and organized all the kids toys so they fit in their bedroom. But I want to have a space where they learn. With Madyson going to 4k this year she is going to be learning writing, spelling and such and aubrie has to master all the basic 2 year old knowledge of colors, shapes, alphabet etc.

I don't want this room to be boring. I want it to be BRIGHT and be BOLD and be CHEERFUL!

It has doors and they close so it doesn't have to "match" the rest of the house and we aren't going anywhere for a while so Im not worried about resell.

What color do you think I should paint it? Send links to colors, color names....know where I can find a big wall map?? I need ideas help me out!

5 comments:

  1. hmmm, don't really have any recommendations as far as color, but some educational vinyl wall decals would be fun! this shop has some super cute ones like this:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/50648675/animal-abc-wall-vinyl-decals-art

    and they also have some regular alphabet ones, etc..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and there are shops with vinyl decals of world maps also, but the countries wouldn't be labeled....

    ReplyDelete
  3. For maps I would check Chubby Cubby and School Aids. What they don't have they can order. Right now Hudsons on 51 has some school stuff in the back that they got from an education store in Florida that closed. Not sure about a wall color but maybe one part you could frame out and use white board or chalkboard paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would do one wall with chalkboard paint or something similar so the girls would have a fun spot to write as they were learning. I think I remember the teacher store in Brandon (can't remember the name) having all sorts of maps and charts that would be great for their ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a discovery room!

    -Browse www.houzz.com for inspiration

    -I've featured some learning rooms I like here:

    http://ourbouquetsofsharpenedpencils.blogspot.com/search/label/School%20Room

    Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat