Wednesday, July 21, 2010

no im not dead.

Thank you to my concerned reader that emailed us (thebroadusbunch@gmail.com) to ask if I was dead. No, I am not dead but you got me thinking...what if I was? So i have written a blog post for Todd to post in case that ever is the situation. Always be prepared right???

Anywho. I (along with my boss..Joseph, and the other 2 ladies in our office) got the bright idea we were going to have Summer Camp this week, 8-5, for 80 1st-6th graders. I guess since VBS didn't kill us, we thought we could do this! hahahahahhahaha So far....so good! We are in day 3 and nobody has gotten lost, or hurt (besides us old people). Although, yesterday was almost the end of my time. I had a little girl ask me if I was a cheerleader, I told her no I was a mommy. She asked if I was a cheerleader before I was a mommy. I told her yes, I was along...longgggg time ago. She asked if I could tumble. I told her I use too.
Somehow I ended up being peer pressured to do a back handspring (which I haven't done in a VERY long time) needless to say. I made it over, I didn't break my neck, but i thought I was going to have to go to the doctor and get my double c-section scar re sewn together. I was in severe pain. But I pulled it off, she never knew, and my guts didn't fall out. BUT NEVER AGAIN will I do that. I must remember that I am 26 and not 16.

So here are a few pictures from day 1 of camp. I will post more once Melissa puts them up, I am stealing from her facebook!


We slimmed kids. This poor dude got a question wrong. It was great.
This is Joseph and Jennifer (and me in the background)
after slime, we decided to do a food fight. We used the left over slime, added some pork-n-beans, sauerkraut, cherries, corn and pees. It was great!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch on the scar!!! I've stretched mine before too (certainly not with a back handspring, that'd be a miracle), and I know the pain of which you speak... it's a bit scary!!

    Love the slimed pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ's loving it! Thanks for all you do...and you deserve a week off after this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww...can you imagine how excited/traumatized the kids would have been if your guts HAD fallen out? That could've made camp history. You could've been a legend.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat