Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving week!

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and boy was it a BUSY one!

Well first off, Todd's car (my car from high school) finally passed away. So we were stuck with 1 vehicle. This wouldn't be a problem if Todd still worked in Clinton BUT he doesn't, he works far far away so we had to get a new vehicle. We searched and searched and finally decided we wanted to go ahead and get a newer vehicle so it will last us a while. SO we decided on a 2009 Hyundai Sonata. It is beautiful, it loves me and I love it. I have new carseats and a carseat protecter thing it is fabulous!
Thanksgiving was great, we ate turkey, we ate dressing, we had a great family time...until Aunt Lindy received a phone call that her house had been broken into and all the tvs and computers were gone!
Madyson & Aubrie stayed with Todds parents for the first time Thanksgiving night and I went shopping for BLACK FRIDAY! It was a fun 16 hours of shopping (9pm-1pm!) but i got alot done, still not quite finished!

Which brings me to the challenge. I posted in a previous post about a lady who did Christmas for $100.00. This really inspires me! I mean seriously, who really needs all the stuff they receive anyway?!?! I know I sure dont! I like a little happy but I get really overwhelmed when it becomes a gift giving frenzy! So I made my list...I have 13 people to buy for (not couting my 2 neices, nephew, and children I have already purchased gifts for)
So i decided on $150.00 is my budget that gives me about 11.50 per person. which isn't TOO bad!

So my goal is to keep up with every receipt and blog about each person and their items. It should be fun, lets hope!

Off to the doctor for Todd's Breast Appointment. If you don't hear from me tonight, then everything went good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat