Monday, November 2, 2009

Serving Christ by serving the orphans among us.

oYesterday at Church we had Dr. Russell Moore, Executive Vice-President and Dean of the School of Theology at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY, come and speak to us on adoption and how to serve Christ by serving the orphans among us.

His message really struck home with me since I am an adoptee. He spoke about all the little children all across the world that are being told how worthless they are, how nobody cares about them, how they are born and just put aside because some adults feel that they are "in the way".

I was born on July 6, 1984 to Robert and Rebecca Musso in Tupelo, MS. They were a young couple that hadn't been together long and "Becky" had a daughter from a previous relationship. After I was born they decided that things weren't going to work out and that I needed to be put up for adoption. The social worker picked me up and delivered me to my parents (Johnny and Debbie Scott) that night.

For 23 years I knew I was adopted. I knew a little about the Musso's and I was okay with being adopted. My parents took great care of me and I couldn't have been more blessed.

Then 2 years ago the Myspace message came up that changed my life forever. "Were you adopted?" this person wrote....I responded with a "yes" and then the information came flooding out. It was Robert "Bob", my biological father. He found me through a social network and some detection work.

From that point my life went from being normal to being crazy. Not only did I have my mom and dad and 1/2 brother/sister Wesley and Shannon, I had Bob, his new wife Paula, my two 1/2 brothers Tristen and Gauge...I then found my sister Renea. I have never talked to Becky my biological mother, but that is okay. Thanks to Renea I have seen pictures of her and my aunts/cousins/grans and my little sister Mary.

I believe that God was in control of all of this. I believe that he knew that I would need my parents to raise me, I don't think anyone else would have put up with me. =) I believe he knew I needed Bob to find me when he did. Having all the medical information about your past when you are pregnant with a baby sure does help!

I believe that God's hands lead me to find Renea as fast as I did. Even though it was rough at first, I love her and feel more connected to her than the sister I have known my whole life.

Back to the church service with Dr. Moore, I began to weep during the service. My heart was aching. Todd and I are so blessed with Madyson and Aubrie Kate but we do want more children. We have always said 3 or 4. It was like God knocking at my heart saying, this is where you need to get broadus #3 from. Let this child be born in your heart.

I think it touched Todd too, after the service while I was cleaning up my face, he went and picked up information about adoption at kiosk.

We decided that we are going to pray about it, take our time, but really allow God to guide us. If he has created a child in the world for us, he will lead us to them. We just have to be open for his guidance.

1 comment:

  1. very cool! my brother and SIL are considering adopting as well.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat