Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Fun!

Oh what a fun filled weekend! We are all out of undies due to the lack of laundry-(but I washed enough tonight to make it til Tuesday :)

Friday-Madyson came home from school with her AR tshirt. She has been in AR since kindergarten and loved it. But this year has taken a huge toll on her (with the death of my MIL-me being pregnant-the new baby) and her love of reading really disappeared. Most of her friends got their 50 point shirts first semester-but it took Madyson longer to get motivated and to get her love of reading back! We were very proud that she achieved this! We have watched her develop and change so much this year and deal with a lot of grown up things-she is back making all A's & B's and working very hard at school again.

Friday night we took the girls camping! Now-I know what you are thinking...camping with a 5 week old. Well-lets say...we took the girls camping...in the backyard.




They have been begging to go-and we wanted to test them out in a tent-but I needed to be close to civilization with Miss Mia-so we figured the backyard was as good of a place as any! (I mean we do have a crazy family of raccoons living in our bushes...more on this later)

So we grilled hamburgers and hotdogs-built a "camp fire"-made smores and pitched a tent! Todd and the girls slept outside...and Amelia and I camped on the couch-in case anyone came wondering in during the night :)

Saturday-Todd was hunting with his friends so the girls and I headed to the country to visit my parents! It was a beautiful 70+degree day (I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THE KAYAK OUT IN A FEW WEEK!!)

The girls fished with my dad and uncle and my mom, grandmom and Amelia went to the produce stand and to get ice cream :) Also, FINALLY-Madyson learned to tie her shoes! We have been working on this for years! And she would never "catch on" finally-we were sitting on the dam and we practice a few times and it finally clicked. I have never been so happy!


Sunday-we had our church picnic
We had a great time of fellowship with our friends. I have gone to this church my whole life-and I love being a part of it.


After the picnic-Amelia went to hang out with my aunt, Todd went to Softball practice and Madyson and Aubrie kate and I headed to the Nature Center to a first grade art show about Monarch butterflies. We have an amazing art teacher at the K-1st grade and she teaches the kids all sorts of stuff. Each first grade class of 20-25 had 5 kids selected to participate in this art show. Madyson was selected and we were very proud!

Madyson with her ribbon and artwork

Her classes art :)

After we all got home-we ran to Kohl's to get Amelia a few outfits. I had some Kohl's cash that was about to expire and never have had a baby that stayed in newborn clothing for more than 3 weeks, so I only have 10 outfits. I picked up a few more until she can finally wear 0-3!) We had dinner at Sweet Peppers then stopped by and visited with some friends before heading home!

It was a longggg weekend! But we had a great time! Coming up this week-we have a Life Group, a tball game, and lots of fun plans this upcoming weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat