Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One Month! What I am loving

**Housekeeping:  with Google Reader going away-make sure you Follow my blog with Bloglovin **

Amelia is 1 month old!




She is still wearing a NB size diaper and Newborn clothes (not to be confused with 0-3 months..we aren't there yet)

At her 2 week check up she was 6lbs 3.4oz :) -I would say (based on her size-she is close to 7lbs now)

Her schedule:
 She still sleeps a lot. Usually she is awake (eyes open checking everything out) 4-5 hours a day 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. She sleeps 3 hours-then diaper change, eats and back asleep.

She gets a little bit of everything when it comes to food. She takes 2oz of formula a day-she has expressed breast milk when company is over and nurses the rest of the time for 20-35 minutes a feeding.

This whole nursing thing is out of the norm for our family (madyson couldn't and my milk went away with AK due to meds I had to take for my incision infection)-but she is pretty demanding and strong-willed and would starve herself if she didn't get to nurse. So, she wins.

She does not cry unless she has a dirty diaper or is hungry.

Some things I am loving this go around is:

The Fisher Price Rock-N-Play. I purchased ours 2nd hand from a friend and Amelia sleeps in this 85% of the time. Since she is so little it snuggles her perfectly. It is also really light-which is great since I have a "baby weight" limit on what I can pick up. "Nothing heavier than the baby..."

Blooming Baby Bath: This was a gift and we adore it! I bath her in our sink because it is easier than a big bath tub. And when we are done-we put it in the dryer-then back in the bag and under the sink-so it doesn't take up a lot of room!


 Honest Company diapers: We received a ton of pampers, huggies and other brands of diapers as gifts. We have been using those and are very thankful for them! But we also ordered Honest Company diapers and I have to say-they are the only ones that have not sprung a leak! (and they are so cute!)
Source: zulily.com via Sarah on Pinterest


Born Free Bottles-We use the glass bottles and they are great-they keep air out and have the perfect flow for my slow eater :)

That is the extent of our baby supplies for the first month! We have homemade blankets and burp cloths and she rocks carters sleepers all day...almost everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat