Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When Life Hands You Lemons....

I have heard this statement used so many ways.

When Life hands you lemons....
.... make lemonade....
....add vodka and have a party.....
...be grateful you got something....
...alter their DNA and make super lemons...

You get the idea. The common statement meaning make the best of a bad situation can be altered to how you handle it.

The past few days have just been really "sour". We worked all weekend for our Homestudy on Tuesday only to get a call Monday afternoon to find out our caseworker had an Emergency court case and would not be able to see us. Meaning, we will have a new case worker now, because ours retires this friday.

Which is really hard, bc we had developed a bond with her, she knew us and now we are going to have to do this with someone who doesn't know us as well. And, that means this process again, will take longer :(


Also, some other stuff went down that will drastically effect our family. (it doesn't have to do with the adoption but it is pretty serious) I will discuss it more, when I am a liberty too, but right now I want to take my lemons and throw them back at life and tell them to keep it.

Which is not what I should do at all. I should be grateful I got something and take them and make them super instead of sour.

Right now the Broadus' are standing at a crossroads trying to figure out which path to take. We are leaning on God to direct us in this. And asking for friends and family to pray for us.

We have decided that EVEN number years are hard for our family. And this one is no different. Todd, Mr. Positive, says our lemons are just the door to endless possibilities. He says its a new opportunity for our family. That is why he is the leader of this bunch, and not I. I want to attack Life with its lemons...he wants to add sugar and water and make it great.





2 comments:

  1. Love you much and am praying for you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this:( I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat