Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lifestlye.

I have been working (since January) on Lifestyle changes. I feel like I am constantly complaining about weight, shape, etc. Yet, I am doing NOTHING about it. So after some research, I began my lifestyle changes. Here is what I am doing...

1) cutting out Sodas. This is very hard for me. I only drank 3 a day but that was TOO many. So I started cutting back 1 a day in January. Did good with that. Now I am down to 1 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Those are my longest days.

2) Eating Better. I have a huge desire to be Vegan. But I am held back because of Eggs, Bacon, and Chicken and Fish. (I adore Bacon, and not Turkey Bacon...real Bacon) So I have created a "meal plan" for myself. I eat Minimal Meat. More Veggies, actually tons of veggies. I supplement Candy for Luna Bars (I have dubbed myself the unofficial spokesperson) Water is slowly becoming my friend. Processed foods are almost nonexistent in my household. (beside a few kid items)

3) I am reintroducing exercise into my life. Moms understand, if you work all day, run kids around in the afternoon, cook/clean house/do laundry..you don't have time to sleep, let alone exercise. So I am trying out a few different things (walking/running with the big dog in the evenings we are home, 15 min cardio workout with the TV, maybe even a zumba class or two...)

Thats about it right now..baby steps.

I have found a few products that I love.

1) Luna Bars, mentioned above. They are a great tasting snack. Its like eating a candy bar but better. 70% organic, packed with protein and fiber. Their Luna Protein bars are Gluten Free. My first taste of one was on Black Friday, Target was giving away free samples to people in line. I have been hooked since.

2) Naked Juice. For the days when I am super busy and running around and it would be just as easy to go through the drive thru...I drink Naked Juice. I adore the Red Machine.

170 calories, 70% Vitamin B6, 8 grams of flax seed. There are some with lower calories but I enjoy the flavor of this one.

3) OIKOS Greek Yogurt. (Coupons on website) our whole family loves this company. For YoKids to Honey flavored Greek yogurt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat