Monday, March 5, 2012

Lifestyle. Part 2

On my adventure for a healthier lifestyle I began to research the lifestyle changes of an all plant food based diet. Now, understand me when I say, I LOVE MEAT. I love bacon, I love chicken, I love seafood, I love fish, I love steak...You get the picture. This has nothing to do with being harmful to animals...or loving animals more...I see a chicken and the first thing that pops into my head is my moms baked chicken breast. But since I am on a roll of kicking out all sorts of stuff out of my life that I love...(like Sonic Cherry Cokes, Cookies, Ice Cream) i figured what they "hay". Lets look into a Plant-based diet.

I began my journey this past Friday, I watched "FORKS OVER KNIVES" documentary. (If you follow me on twitter, you already know that. ) It is an interesting concept to believe that you can literally change your healthy by cutting out all things nonplant based. I am always up for a good experiment so I decided to try it out...for 2 weeks. 2 weeks of no bacon, no chicken nuggets, no seafood. I can do 2 weeks.

Right now I am learning that life with meat, isn't that big of a difference yet. Last night I did have to get creative. Todd and the kids wanted Jambalya for dinner...so I ate a roasted red pepper, stuffed with spinach, avocados, and brown rice. It was actually really good.

I love salads so that is an easy thing. But getting creative with dinners will be my challenge. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. i'm impressed! i'm excited to hear about it and see if you can tell a difference. it would be SO hard for me. i'm a major meat and potatoes girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat