Friday, February 10, 2012

Working Mom

I am taking a break from Fun Friday to talk about my life as a Working Mom (for Kelly's Show Us Your Life) I am the mom to two wonderful little girls Madyson (5) Aubrie (3) and my husband and I are in the domestic adoption process for our precious #3.


I have been a working mom for all but 6 months of my children's life. At the beginning I worked insane hours, climbing the ladder of success, and state hopping for meetings just to fulfill my goal of becoming a successful woman.

Then God grabbed a hold of me and took me on a wild rollercoaster. He snatched the reins of life out of my hands and planted me in the church that I grew up in. (Feel Free to Read all of 2009 post to see the plan of God unfold infront of your eyes)


I have been apart of this team since June of 2009. And I am so thankful to God for giving me the opportunity to work at a place that understands family is most important and doesn't make me feel guilty for being a mom. I might not make as much money as I did before, but the ability to have lunch with my kids, bring them to work, and be off with them when needed is worth more than money.

So here is our daily schedule.

6am: wake up/shower.
6:30am: wake kids up, feed them breakfast, get myself dressed
6:45am: get them dressed, teeth brushed, hair done, etc.
7:15am: Dad leaves for work
7:30am: Drop madyson off at school
7:45am: Drop Aubrie Kate off at Preschool
8:00am: arrive at work. Have quiet time with the Lord/coffee.
8:30-2pm: Work
2:00pm: Leave work to pick up Aubrie Kate from Preschool
2:17pm: get in carrider line
2:30pm: Madyson gets in the car
2:45pm: Home/ Snack Time
3:00-4:00pm: Play outside or Movie if its raining
4:00-5:00pm Homework, read book for AR, get lunch ready for the next day, pack backpack for next day
5:00pm: start dinner. Girls Play
6:30pm: Todd gets home from Work and we eat dinner
8:00pm: Girls get in bed

 On Mondays both girls have ballet from 4:15-5:45 so we do homework and such while the other is in dance class. Then we go to Family Bible Study at 6:30 were we finish homework, and study together.

On Wednesday Nights: we have Church so we eat dinner at the church then have service and such.
One Thursday Night a month: Madyson has girl scouts, Aubrie tags along.
and starting this Spring, Aubrie will be playing T Ball.

Our life gets very chaotic sometimes. Todd's work doesn't allow for him to miss alot, so when he is off, we stop whatever (including missing dance...etc) to be a family. That is the most important.


A few things that help me is:
1) we have a family calender where I write out everything for that month. It is positioned in our pantry for all to see.

2) We do everything for the next day before dinner. Picking out clothes, getting bags ready, etc. that way in the mornings we aren't rushing around. NONE of us are morning people so it helps alot.

3) We keep a chalk board in our kitchen that we write out grocery needs, things that need to be done around the house etc. we all help out on this so its not just one persons responsibility.

4) Stopping when I see fit. I do not care if we are at every dance class. Sometimes, life is too much and the girls need a break. By not trying to be everywhere at all times, it helps us relax and breath.

Thanks for visiting the Broadus Bunch! We would love to have you join us as a follower so you can keep up with our crazy life!

1 comment:

Let's Chat