Monday, January 9, 2012

Well...Crumbles




Keep Calm. I have tried for 2 weeks to post our California blog. But it will not post. I have purchased more memory space, I have deleted pictures...I have tried it all and nothing. I will continue to work and you might get a christmas update in february!

Right now, I wanted to share a little bit of married life with you.

During  the recovery of "the miscarriage" Todd and I did not talk. I couldn't talk without crying and he didn't understand why. Communication is a strong part of our relationship but for weeks it was like living with a stranger (for him) It wasn't until a few days before we left for vacation did I finally spill my emotions.

During vacation Todd went into total caregiver mode. He works alot when we are home (80+ hours a week...Thanks Enterprise RAC) and he doesn't get to always be the husband I know he wants to be. But on vacation he really stepped up and took care of me, letting me rest and heal and took care of the girls. He did laundry the whole 12 days we were there. He was always hands on with the girls, it was wonderful. Since we've been back he has done his best to continue this.

Last night, we dropped the girls off at their Mission Friends Meeting at church and we headed to the grocery store. While we were there we were talking about dinner and came up with something that sounded really good =) so we went home, and we cooked together , like we use to when we were dating. It was a simple yet deep experience. It took me back to when we met (we worked in a restaurant) and the feelings that I had when we were "hanging out" I had forgotten those feelings and was excited that they returned!

So I began to think, I wonder what yall use to do before marriage, that you don't anymore....who knows, maybe your feeling will return if you try to do it now!



1 comment:

  1. Sarah - I wanted to let you know I am so sorry for what you have been going through. You are such a strong person and a great mom and I know the Lord will see you through this!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat