Thursday, January 12, 2012

California (part 3): The Family

Alot of people have asked if we have family in California. And yes we do! ALOT of them!
 Like I said before, this trip was a gift (A VERY WONDERFUL GIFT) from Todd's Stepdad and his mom. His Stepdad's (but we just call him Grandaddy) sister and her husband and son live in June Lake. We stayed with them on this trip. But also my biological dad, his wife, my two brothers and my sister and her girls all live in California as well!

I was so excited when I found out BioBob and Paula and my WONDERFUL little brothers were coming up from SouthernCali to visit before Christmas. They were there 3 days and It was wonderful to see them. 

me and my oldest little brother, Tristen :)

Me and Bob! the morning they were leaving

Me and Paula! I love Paula, she is the sweetest person in the world
 Also on this trip, I had the chance to meet my sister Renea for the first time! Renea and I are a year apart (shes older...but I am taller :) She and I have the same Mom. It was so great getting to meet her and my nieces! One thing you don't realize as an adopted child is what its like to look like someone. Renea and I look the most alike out of all my sibilings (there are 6 of them! 3 older and 3 younger). Same Eyes, Same Chin, Same mole...just in a different spot. Both little, high voices.
 This is Renea with the girls. We went to eat dinner the night she arrived and this was "dessert"
 Aubrie Kate and Kenna. They are a few months apart.
 Me and Renea. I look rough, we had been to the Ghost Town earlier that day (more on that tomorrow)
 The big sisters McKenzie and Madyson

 2 sisters with their 2 girls.
Family is such an important part of my life. I am truly blessed to be an adopted child, who had an wonderful family growing up, and now as a grown up I have the opportunity to have my biological family in the mix as well. Best of Both worlds!

2 comments:

  1. OMG... U are taller and cuter too, so not fair!! LOL I just knew in my Heart I was finally going to be the "Big" sister but instead of taller, I am just rounder :( Urgg ha ha The girls and I had a wonderful time meeting you and Todd and I love My neices soooo much!!! We are all Very Blessed to have gotten the chance to see each other! Love you!!!
    XOXO
    your "big" sister,
    Renea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you and Renea do look alike! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat