Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How Does She Do It?

Last night Todd and I watched "I don't know how she does it" with Sarah Jessica Parker. I thought it would be a relaxing film that I could watch before bed and maybe have a few laughs. What it turned into was a big case of Mommy Guilt.

I have been suffering Mommy Guilt since we returned home from California. I LOVED being home everyday. Even though here there isn't snow covered mountains to play on...I still adored waking up everyday and doing whatever. (And for those who have read this blog since the beginning...you know thats NOT me!)

I adore my job(s), I love working, I love meeting goals, planning events, being a go getter, a people pleaser, a hard working, "working mom". I adore it all. But lately, it hasn't been my heart. Being home, with my kids...has been my heart.

So in the movie (if you haven't seen it) SJP works for a big bank doing fancy financial things...she has to jet set across the country multiple times a week all while trying to maintain life at home. Her and her husband have 2 kids and at one point in the movie they both get big projects at the same time. When she is being "mom" she has to do the mom things...bake sales, birthday parties....all while trying to make sure the "super" mommies don't realize...she bought that pie...

At times I feel like this. Well all the time. I have this image of myself, in my head, that I have it all together. I work M-F 8am-2pm. at 2 i leave to go get the kids from school then we have afternoon activities like ballet, choir, girl scouts, and now...T-Ball, then we come home..I cook dinner. Todd gets home at 6:45 we eat, do homework, take a bath, get everything ready for the next day, go to bed by 9:45 then start the whole day over again....Same Routine. On weekends I have been trying not to plan things for us to do, but I do have 2 other part-time jobs that play apart of our lives 1x every 3-6 months...

So what does this mean for our family? Well nothing really. Not unless someone has a work at home job that pays what I get paid at the church. 2 incomes are a must. #Bought.old.house.must.fix.it.up
But I have been sharing life on this blog for years, and I want to continue doing so. Who knows, God put working at this church for a reason. I am still trying to figure out what reason. But I know He has plans. Plans that will surprise me, delight me, and make me go...OOOHHHHH. Just thankful for the opportunity to work in a place that understands what "family" means.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat