Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Then came the girls....

So now that you know about how Todd and I got together...let me tell you about how the girls came about.

*Madyson...

so to recap from story 1. we found out about Madyson in an unusual way. Once the nerves had settled and the hateful words were forgotten, everyone got into baby mode! Todd and I decided to take a "babymoon" before she joined our family! We went on a week long cruise to the cayman islands! we were having so much fun and with all the yummy food my baby pooch became a baby belly!! We had been home a month when I woke up one morning and noticed a little bit of blood. I called the hospital and they wanted me to come in for some test. I came in and they discovered I was having contractions! Little Miss Madyson was going to arrive at 24 weeks, if we didn't act fast. So they started me on tons of medicine, steroid shots and other painful procedures. I stayed in the hospital for a week. When the dr was getting ready to release me, she gave me the news that I would be on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy! This meant I could only get up to pee and to take a 3 minute shower! In those months of being in bed I discovered facebook, reading, daytime talk shows, and oreos....LOTS of oreos! I gained weight alot of weight almost 100 lbs of weight! I developed stretch marks, huge boobs, and emotions! finally after months of being in bed, I started not to feel well. Todd decided to take me to the doctor. I was hooked up to a monitor and they discovered I was having high blood pressure and the baby was in distressed, so they wanted to induce (11 days before due date!) Most moms would be psyched about being a mom...but not me! It was my birthday, my 22nd birthday and I wanted to enjoy it with family at my house, not in pain in a hospital! But Madyson had other plans. They started the inducing medicine and then the pain started. I was trying really hard to be a good "natural" mom and go without pain meds (mainly bc I was scared of the epidural) but after 4.5 hours of no drugs the pain was aweful!! Madyson was almost in this world when...she got the hiccups! She turned her body and couldn't escape the womb! So the dr decided we needed to get her out, fast. "Lets go have a baby" she said! 45 minutes later I was a mom, via c-section! Madyson was the most beautiful baby. dark skin, dark eyes, dark hair. I kept telling Todd, "she looks just like you!" Todd, trying to be a good first time dad said "but she was born on your birthday, 15 minutes before your birthtime and your stats are the same!" We were in love, but God wasn't done yet!

11 days after Madyson's 1st birthday (on her original due date) we discoverd that baby 2 was coming. My first reaction was "Todd, I am going to KILL YOU!!" but Madyson calmly said, "mommy it will be okay, we need a baby!" so with the blessing of precious first child we went into pregnancy #2 with a smile. Todd and I really wanted a boy! A girl and a boy, a "perfect family". Sonogram time came...and within 2 minutes Todd said, "its a girl". He knew this because he had been changing girl diapers for a year and was familiar with the parts. He was right and baby girl #2 was on her way! Name picking for a girl was hard for us. We had our boy name (still do!) but we had never thought of another girl name. I wanted Haryson Annabelle...todd said no. That she would be nicknamed "harry broad ass" get it, Haryson Broadus....anyway..he wanted kate. He didn't care what but he wanted kate. His grandma is Kate, his mom is Kathy...he wanted Kate. So we started thinking what with kate? One night while watching Deal or No Deal it came to us Aubrie (model #23), Aubrie Kate. And there we had our new child. Aubrie Kate Broadus.
Aubrie Kate was an easy pregnancy. No complications, she was NEVER going to come. Aubrie Kate was due March 17th but they allowed me to deliver on March 11th. Aubrie was a planned c-section and things went great. She came into this world, calm and content. She still is that way.
She will be one years old next month and we are amazed at how different she is from Madyson but how similar she is as well.

Being a parent changes your life. You never know how much you can love someone or something until you have a child. Todd and I try our best to be good parents and role models. We devote our time to our children, we read to them , we snuggle with them , we take them to places so they can learn new and exciting things.

Madyson at 2.5 knows her days of the week, speaks in full sentences, says please, thank you, no thank you, yes mam, no sir, yes sir, no mam...knows 25+ words in Spanish (thanks to Dora), Hello in Madrain (thanks to Ki-Lin) and all theanimals and where they live. Her new favorite animal is a Puma....but her most favorite is the giraffe (like aunt andie!!)

Aubrie Kate is a joy, a pure joy. She began walking 3 weeks ago, she says "bye bye", "stop", "get", "no no", "moma", "dada", "nana" and "keke". She is always smiling (unless she is hungry or sleepy!) and loves to laugh.

Well now that you know the Broadus family, stay tuned! We are in the process of buying my parents house and completly updating/remodeling it on a very tight budget!! We will be posting pictures of that experience! Also we will be celebrating Aubrie's birthday, attending a wedding, and much much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat