Monday, February 16, 2009

the remodeling begins

The remodeling is officially underway!

Friday night, Todd and I went to Home Depot to purchase part 1 of our remodeling goodies.

This included
*Wall Board
*Spackle
*Spackle spreaders
*Paint Brushes
*rollers
*paint trays
*wall color (Ralph Lauren Devonshire)
*trim color (Essence of Pearl)
* a jigsaw (my V-day present!!)
*painters tape
*seam tape
*measuring tape
*mini rollers
*light fixtures

Kristina (my soon-to-be cousin) & I spent Friday night spackling, sanding, and priming the walls!

On Saturday, Todd took the girls to his moms, my parents went on their V-day outing, and Kristina and I spent Valentines Day painting the walls and the trim of the dining room!

The dining room went from Sunshine yellow and Particle board paneling to Devonshire walls and pearl trim! It is so much lighter!!! And looks so much better!

We aren’t quit done yet! We still have to paint the ceiling, hang a new light fixture, find a cute rug, hang some art work and get some window décor…but then we will have a super fine dining room!

**PICTURES TO COME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat