Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Great kids snacks! Day 1

A few weeks ago I was searching "Healthy snack options for kids". My kids will eat just about anything but I can't always afford a variety of prepackaged healthy snacks-so I usually stick to the "go to" snacks of fresh fruit, hummus, pretzels, and applesauce.

I stumbled upon Great kids snacks on Instagram and saw where for $40 a month I can have a variety of snacks shipped to my house that are healthy for the kids and will give them plenty of options other than my "go to" list. I love this option. It allows them multiple snacks that they can try before I go to the store and purchase a box of them! (How many of us have bought the snack they wanted only to get home and find out it was for the character on the box..not the content! Raising my hand here!)

So today, the girls box arrived! Addressed to them! They were SO excited! 


When we opened it up-it was like magic!


Inside was a ton of snacks!
The Girls were so pumped! Waiting for snack time was the hardest thing they have done all day! (And we did multiplication today!!) 

Snack time finally came around and they each picked out a snack! 
Madyson selected Snapea crisps. 
Baked green pea crisp that are lightly salted and 100 calories per pack. They contain 2g of fiber and only 60mg of sodium (compared to regular potato chips) Her review? "Can we please buy more of these?" The bag was gone in a matter of minutes! She did share one with me and I can tell you they taste a lot like yummy potato chips-so it's easy to forget you are eating healthy peas! 

Aubrie Kate went with a Nature Valley fruit twist. Cherry flavored and gluten free! 
She said "this is super yummy! It's like a big fruit roll up!" Yes mam-except it 1.27oz of heathy goodness. 

Mia could barely wait! She went for the one bar mango. It's basically dried fruit in a fruit bar. It has the stickiness like the fruit twist. But the flavor is rich! (I may have snuck a bite!) it is enriched with baobab-gluten free-and also vegan. 
www.theonebar.com


Snack time was a huge success today! And I can't wait for tomorrow! Knowing that the girls are eating healthy (and yummy) snacks gives me one less worry of the day! 


**we were given this box of great kids snack for review! All opinions are the opinions of the broadus bunch and we were not paid for them.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat