Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wading in the water


I debated how to tell this story. Today-September 29th-madyson was baptized. I want her to share her reasons and views on baptism but she is already in bed-so hopefully soon she can tell you her side. But today-as a parent-I am so proud. 

Madyson has always had a deep desire to learn about God and the bible. Todd and I have nurtured this desire by making church a priority in our life. We believe that it is a great help to have a community that supports you, prays for you and encourages you. We have an amazing Family Ministry at our church and it has been with their help that madysons desire to grow with Christ has bloomed so much at such a young age.

Tonight-my 7 year old got into the water with the help of our student minister Garon (her uncle as she refers to him because he is a big part of our family)
and waded out to our pastor (who is a great mentor, family friend, and father figure to me) and so sweetly committed her life to Christ.
Then she was brought back to shore by our family minister Joseph who has been our Life group leader for the last 3.75 years and has played a huge role in helping us develop a foundation and plan on how to raise a child in a Christ-filled way. 
I am so proud of my girl and I am blessed to be apart of her life. I know God will do great things through madyson. 

...to be continued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat