Saturday, September 7, 2013

Being grateful for the life God called me for.

It's 9:45 Saturday morning and I am ready to go to bed and wake up to Sunday. 

(This is my brave face....)

Mia has had 2 dirty diapers this morning-the ac is frozen, I have 7 baskets of laundry to put up, the big kids are just now getting breakfast and Todd is at work.

I have said so many times I never wanted kids but now that I have them-I am so blessed. I also never wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. But God had other plans for me.

I have attempted to go back to work 3 times since may 2012. I tried going to teach-which I loved-got pregnant (yah!) but had a rough pregnancy that forced me to leave before I was ready. Then this summer I had 2 great job offers from previous employers but when I agreed to go to work-something small didn't work out-(childcare/my schedule vs Todd's) 

Todd and I both decided it was God saying right now-this is the life I have planned for you. And let me address-it is NOT because we can afford for me to stay home. 2 incomes would be so much  better-but we are in a year of transition. New baby-new job for Todd-new schools for the girls. I need to be home to keep the normalcy that we thrive on.

Today my prayer is for peace in this understanding-because with the growling a/c, the smelly dog, and those massive baskets of laundry....I am needing some reassurance on this.  

(After posting this post-I was scrolling through IG and saw this that Lecrae posted-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat