Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 so far & Family Goals-

This year we are declaring to be "our year". So much has happened over the past few years and well-I figure that if we stay focused and work as a team-we can really make 2013 our year!

Todd and I sat down and made goals for 2013 for us as individuals, as a couple, as parents then we included the girls and helped them created goals for themselves and then for our family. These are going to be posted around our house-that way we can work together to help keep everyone accountable.


So without further a do-our 2013 goals....


The Broadus Family Goals for 2013
Family Goals:
15 minutes of Family cleaning a day as a team.
Family night 1x a month (girls’ alternate picking activity)
Sunday Morning-smoothness
Expect Less-Give More
Family Devotion and Discussion Daily
3-4 Road trips (overnight) trips a year
Couple Goals:
Devotion time together daily. This is something we are striving to be more diligent with.
Overnight trips 2x a year
Date Night 2x a month
Prayer/Couple Journal-I am most excited about this. It is a simple notebook that we write in. Prayers for each other-this is what I did today while you were gone-I love you because...buts its just ours and not for others.
Give more of ourselves to each other without complaining.-All to often I'll hear "Can you help me take the trash out" and he'll be standing there with 9 bags of stuff...and I'll grunt out of not wanting to get out of my cozy spot. Not anymore-and the same for his side.
Sarah:
Be a more patient mom. With 3 girls, its a huge goal.
Be content with what I have. Not needing everything on Target clearance...
Allow myself me time each week. Its okay to go for a walk-sit and read..have a pedicure.
Get a cleaning schedule set-with 3 girls...its the 2nd biggest goal!


Todd:
Work harder to meet the needs of my family
Be a more Godly leader for my wife
Shorten my temper & be a better father: Patience is a good word to use here
Lose weight
Be more active around the house-Yard work. His enemy.


Madyson and Aubrie Kate have goals for school, keeping their room neat...etc.

They are simple goals that we really want to strive to work towards.

2013 has started-and we have had a lot of positives. We were all dressed and ready for church on time-without any meltdowns from anyone..We are busy working on our backyard. The daily rain is slowing this project down, BIG time. We are getting the nursery ready-and the house cleaned and organized.

Todd and I are going on a trip soon (more about that later) that I can not wait for! Madyson has started back to 1st grade and as of today-I am staying home again. I will be spending the next few weeks preparing our house and family for baby-and resting. Something that I am so excited about.

So there ya go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat