Monday, June 18, 2012

we are entering crazyville.

Life is crazy. Thats about how I feel. We are a few weeks away from our Disney vacation and I can not wait!

On the SAH front...it is going good. Todd and I were in our room the other night talking and he said, "I sure do like you being home all the time". I told him I sure was thankful that I didn't have to get up and go to work the next morning...or any morning for that because I had so much to do.

I have realized (so far) that I was an extremely stressed person suffering from severe depression and I masked it by staying busy. Being here all day has taught me alot. This week I am really struggling with the thought of all the "things" we have. I am 85% sure I am ready to sell it all and move to a farm way out in the country.

I am seeing, with the help of God, that we are way too materialistic in this house. I did an experiment the last 2 weeks. $50 of groceries...for 2 weeks. It forced us to eat what we had in the house. How many times have you said, "we have nothing to eat!" when in fact you meant, "we have nothing that I want to eat!" We ate until the pantry was almost empty and the fridge was bare. Then we refilled.

Also, the desire to go and buy new things for the house isn't there anymore. I am very content in what we have. Sure I would love new towels, but ours aren't that old.

I am praying about what we should do over the next year about the "extras". Television is a HUGE thing in our house. I believe that is the next to go or maybe instead of 5 tvs we will downsize to 1. I think we are going to take a year off of extracurriculars except tball and girlscouts. Those are both 1 small payment instead of monthly. I really want to simplify....everything. And really just get down to the basics. (Food, Water, Shelter, Family)

Let me pause to say that I am so thankful for my husband. He is working so hard so I can do this experiment and doing it with a happy heart. He is under alot of stress to provide a 2 income family with 1 (new job) income. I am proud of him of so thankful for his desire to better our marriage and our family.

On the Adoption front, the other night Todd and I had a few hours to ourselves thanks to his aunts helping his mom keep the girls for the evening. So we went and had an appetizer at a simple restaurant. While we were waiting to be seated sweet Alison and her family walked in! This was my first "blogger to blogger meet" and it was so much fun! And VERY weird to know alot about these people just from reading their blog!

We are patiently praying and waiting for God to show us our #3. All of the paper work is done and we are simply waiting to be matched. Unlike international adoption you don't get put on a list and counted down...you get matched with either a potenital birth mother or a waiting child. Our criteria is under the age of 2. So it could be a newborn-2 year old, boy or girl or even TWINS! We are very excited for Him to reveal His plan to us. But we know it will come in His time...not ours.

I have alot of pictures to upload (trip to science museum, instagram photos, and a few more!) I will get to those tomorrow!

This week the kids are going to another VBS at the Methodist Church. Alot of their school friends are at this VBS and they wanted to see them! I couldn't say no to 3 hours of me time a day! They really enjoyed it today and said they wanted to go back tomorrow. So I will get to go for a good run in the morning!




3 comments:

  1. I totally get using "busyness" to mask issues. I go through phases of that myself! I also have an itch to get rid of extra "Stuff." I'm glad that you're enjoying being home and you're able to really cleanse and get to know YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad this is working so well....it seems like just what you needed. I think we all have to be very intentional about how much time we commit to things, because there's so much fun stuff to do. But if we do too much, then none of it ends up being any fun. That's hard, espesially if you have a personality that doesn't like to say "no". I totally understand that.

    BTW, we still need to get together. Let me know when is good for you and we'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the experiment is going well!! I agree - we have too much stuff, too. I'm just too lazy to figure out how to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat