Thursday, June 7, 2012

Random Happenings :)



A random Thursday....I have discovered that my kids Adore cheez-its. They want them everyday with lunch. Well with cheez-its being 2.50 a box and them going through 4 boxes in 7 days (yes I am serious. They adore them.) I had to find an alternative route. So off to the dollar tree I went where I found.....
 For $1.00 a box. Now, I know..."They can't taste like real cheez-its." But they are very close! Even I couldn't tell that big of a difference. I divided them up into bags and got 1 weeks worth of lunch crackers out of 1 box! so for $4.00 as opposed to $10.00 We have a new snack at the house.
 To keep on the food...The kids (and Todd) have become loving of pancakes this summer. I think its me being home and up to make them. I have perfected my pancake making. Check out this circle of yummy whole wheat pancake goodness :)
Another Dollar Store find was Make your own Pizza kits! They had 2 crust in a pack, pepperonis, and pizza sauce all for $1.00 each! I had cheese from taco night so on Monday we had make your own pizza lunch! It was really GOOD! ($3.00 for pizzas and we have plenty of sauce and pepperonis left over for another round!)

This summer Madyson is taking swim lessons. She started swimming a few weeks ago at the beach but needed some technique. Todd's dad offered to pay for her lessons so we signed her up with the BEST swim teacher ever! Mrs. Barlow taught me swim lessons 23 years ago! and she is teaching Madyson now! I LOVE IT!



 And if you follow me on Twitter, you saw where at 12:15am Monday morning...madyson walked into my room and said "I HAVE A LOOSE TOOTH!) At 10:45 Tuesday night, it was out! The tooth fairy visited and brought $2.00 :)
 We have been doing school each morning to help the kids stay on track through the summer. We do Bible, Reading, Writing, Math, Computer, Science and Art. The kids really enjoy it! We start our day off with this (8am and work til 10am) then we spend the rest of the day playing :)
 Their favorite activity is swinging. They are some swinging monkies :)
 and this little thing is just so loving right now! I adore age 4!

ALSO DON'T FORGET!!! This month's special at Thirty-One! I have 2 parties open online you can shop from! www.mythirtyone.com/sarahms
The parties close on the 14th & the 15th!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know about the Dollar Tree cheese-its! We go through them like crazy at our house, too! I love them just as much as the girls do! And the pizza kits will be a must-try, too! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so weird... that's my (great) Aunt Nell Barlow! She taught my mom, me, my sister, and tons of cousins how to swim. She's the best!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat