Tuesday, June 5, 2012

13 years.

13 years ago tonight, at 11:37pm I lost my best friend.

For a small recap, a bunch of incoming High school sophomore girls went to a high school guys birthday bbq. On the way home (the girls were in 3 separate cars) One car flipped and crashed then was struck by another car. In the main car was 4 of my dearest friends. Jennifer Shelby (who Madyson is named after) She was killed and the others injured.

My entire life was changed that night. We had a group of friends but Jennifer was my best friend. I wasn't in the car with her. I was in the first of the 3 cars. But as soon as we got the call, I was at the scene and the smell and the sounds and the lights....It is still so fresh in my mind.

Today, 13 years later, I sit holding my girls thanking God for everyday we have together because you never know when that last day will be. Jennifer was such an amazing person. I see her spirit in her niece Shelby (who is 1 year older than Madyson) she is a performer like her aunt and full of happiness too.

The other day I had todd pull out boxes of memorabilia from my jr. high and high school days. It was so nice to see pictures of her and her smile and to read notes from her. And just for a minute I could smell her perfume and hear her laugh.

I miss her greatly but rejoice that while I am here on earth figuring out whatever God's plan is for me, she is in heaven hanging out with Him watching from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Chat