Monday, April 2, 2012

and now...the rest of the story.

So during my Lemon rant, I told you some things were changing in our family that would drastically change the way things are.

Well, here we go.

Friday, Todd resigned from his company. Life had gotten really hard around the Broadus house. Daddy was working 11.5-13 hours a day, plus when he was home, he was getting phone calls about work, getting called off to collect cars, etc. It was a rough life style. Todd has been praying about what to do for over 6 months and finally, with a little push from his boss, He resigned. I am very thankful that he has a desire to be a better father/husband to us. But boy, the stress that you obtain when you lose your health insurance and main source of income all in one day.

He doesn't have a back up plan, or any leads on where to go. He (we) know it needs to be somewhere with set hours that won't over take our family's life.


And with that being said....There's more.

Before everything went down with Todd, we had been praying about what to do about my work life. I adore my job, and the people I work with. But I work for a church and being paid to serve seemed like a bad use of the church's money. Yes,  I am working 32 hours a week, BUT to me, it wasn't work. It was serving the Lord because that is what He wanted me to do. We had decided that I would voluntarily give up my salary and work for free. Because, in the long run, my salary was our "play money" anyway.

Then when everything with Todd's situation changed. We knew I needed to continue to work, but still volunteer at the church, and need to have a boss that understood family, and possibly...be able to make my own hours? Sounds like a lot to ask for huh? Well, God provided this exact opportunity for me, so my last day at the church will be Easter Sunday. It is a very bittersweet change for me. I adore all the people here, the work we do, the knowledge that everyday I am surrounded by Christian people working to better the lives of others. All that makes this SO hard.

But, my new bosses are amazing. They are friends of mine and Todds (actually, we use to be neighbors) they understand family, and understand my desire to remain apart of the church. I get to work from home and I get to do something I love (more on the details later) and they are amazing Christian examples.

So, yea....WOW! big changes about. Please pray for us as we transition into the next stages of our lives. It is a scary time and we are completely relying on the Lord to guide us through this.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I have a blog too, but I don't get a chance to update it often. I have a nearly 3-year-old daughter.

    I am also a freelance writer and I'm working on three parenting books. I need more writers to help with some of the chapters. If you're interested, email me...djforjesus@hotmail.com and I'll get you some details!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Todd for deciding to resign...his job sounded incredibly stressful & demanding. I'm praying for Todd to get a great job with much better hours, and also for your new job to be amazing (and it sounds like it will be)! I've worked from home for the past month, and I absolutely love it! I'm sure you will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness!! That's a lot of change at once - I'll be praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat