Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Finding the inner you...

I want to color my hair red. Yes...red. I have lived the majority of my life as a blonde.
 my mom always wanted a blonde haired child....so that's what she had. (it use to be very blonde in high school but since I can't pay $85 every 4-6 weeks to maintain it usually is dark blonde)

Of course if I have it taken back to the natural color you get something around this shade.....

but neither really fit me. My skin is a medium tone so the blonde only looks good if im dark. When my hair is natural...i need to wear color on my face to pop.

So I have been searching pintrest for a red that I love. My eyes are green/blue so red seems like a good idea....plus its funky..and I feel alot more funky on the inside than I look on the outside.

So here we go....


I love this color and this girl is like me...has been a shade of all shades (click on the pic to take you to the actual pin)

so who knows? maybe i'll get gutsy and try it! Have you ever dyed your hair an outrageous color?

4 comments:

  1. i have always wanted to have auburn hair.....once had orange hair in an at home attempt to have auburn hair!! But I am so fair it never looks very good!!love the pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it!!!! I think it will look adorable - and that's a great shade of red!!

    I've always wanted red highlights, at least, too - my hair is really dark but has dark reddish tendencies in the light. Maybe I'll try it next time I get my hair done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think u get the need for red from my side of the fam
    Aunt Heather is natural beautiful redhead and All the sisters aznd Mom and Grama and even me had veriouse shades of red..bright light dark more orange....love love love to change up hair styles and colord. Mom and I are doing "fall" colors in mid October..orangrs reds and browns!!! I say be bold stand out snd show the true u! XO Renea

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat